“Good enough for one night visiting your college kid”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Decatur, IL
“Good enough for one night visiting your college kid”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Needed a room for a Saturday night for Rose Hulman parent's weekend & waited too long. Called Friday and a young man who answered said they only had a "business room" with a king bed left. I said I'd take it as we were headed to Rose. He dropped the rate at that to about $70. We hear most Terre Haute hotels discount rooms for Rose Hulman parents. Check in was fast. When we checked in they had flipped us to a room with two doubles which all hotels in this town seem to think customers prefer. We took it not caring.

Looking at the reviews I'd say you get what you pay for. Don't expect great views, a luxurious parking lot or hotel décor, or gourmet breakfast (which came free with the stay). Beds were two doubles not queens which were OK by us. Each was clean and comfortable and came with 3 pillows. The headboards did have the strange greasy handprints and smears other reviews spoke of as did the sides of the dresser but I had my Clorox wipes handy. The TV was older but was adequate as we weren't there to watch TV. Our room had a small table and 2 chairs but there was a reading lamp that seemed to be missing a reading chair underneath it. Room temp. was adjustable & adequate.

The bathroom was older and in need of remodeling and the grout in the shower and floor had seen better days and needed cleaning and refreshing but the floor in there was swept and tidy. There was a hairdryer in there. Plumbing was fine. The room had a iron and ironing board. Walls are thin and we heard folks coming into the hallway a wee bit in the morning but not too bad. Lights are LED and kind of harsh. There is a pool which was closed. Also the breakfast was OK but I'd had the flu and didn't trust any food so only took chances on the juice, yogurt, and banana. There were apples and pears too. I remember hard boiled eggs and English muffins and make your own waffles but truly I didn't look at the rest. Hallways and common areas seemed taken care of and fairly clean and without smoking or other smells. Room smelled fine.

Room Tip: * Our room in the back of the hotel was quiet; hotel is located on main drag so towards front may be...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debbiefrmn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Auburn, IN
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Long story short, we called twice to verify that the bathroom had a roll in shower...one person didn't know, and the other said yes. Upon arrival, we checked and yes, it was a roll in shower, but it had no flip down bench or anything to sit on while using the shower. I was told by front desk staff that the room was meant for people in wheelchairs(I have had cereberal palsy since birth and was sitting my wheelchair at the time) ...He followed that comment up by telling me to just shower in my wheelchair ....Um......Do you shower where you sit all day? Not to mention it wouldn't be good to get my chair that wet. The staff member also said that in the year and half he had worked there, there had never been any kind of chair in the shower. The next morning when we got up, the bathroom door was closed and locked..we did not do this...after calling staff to unlock the door, I went in to use the restroom and the door closed and locked with me inside holding the bars....my girlfriend was outside and had to call to get the door unlocked again...They brought us a chair like you would see in a resturant or waiting room to use in the shower...it barely fit and if it werent for the bars in the shower I couldn't have stayed on it. The showerhead itself was too high for me to reach and worked like one I have never seen before..I couldnt do it myself.....last but not least..the bathroom sink was too high for me to use

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Terre Haute hotels

Any Town
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Well, the hotel is very, very dark. The doors are very flimsy and the walls are very thin. We could hear the actual conversations and tv shows from the rooms next door. The toilet ran after being flushed...took a lot of jiggling to make it stop. Do not get a room next to the elevator...it sounds like it is running right through your room. The front desk did move us to a room away from the elevator which was appreciated.

The one saving grace was that the beds were very comfortable.

You do get what you pay for...I would spend more next time to get a more modern and bright room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Newtown
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Wow what a disappointment. Dirty, dark, the only positive was that the beds were actually fairly new and comfortable. The wifi worked sporadically and the front desk, while well meaning, were clueless. The free breakfast was so spartan we went down the street to Denny's. We were there for the National Junior Cross Country Championships and my son needed a real breakfast. We were there with several other families and we were the only ones that had a working TV as well. For the same price there are several other hotels down the street that were much nicer where some of the other families from the team stayed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I ended up staying at this hotel because my daughter's XC Team had picked it (would not have been my choice based on other reviews). This hotel is in bad shape! When we pulled up there were empty beer bottles in parking lot. The person working at the front desk was disheveled, had purple hair, and in need of dentist. The elevator was broken. The room was in poor condition. The tube TV had a handful of channels and the picture quality was poor. The bathroom looked like it had not been upgraded in 20 yrs. The fan did not work, the tile around the tub and shower was moldy, the shower head pipe was not secured the wall, and the floor was dirty. The breakfast was not worth it. I was frightened by the biscuits and gravy.

Spend the extra and go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The hotel didn't look so good from the outside it was nothing special. However, inside it was very nice and clean. It was the fastest check-in we have ever had in our travels. The receptionist was very friendly but didn't have much info on restaurants but did give us a book to look rough. Our room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was advertised as a hot breakfast. We were the first ones there at 7am and the biscuits were had and the gravy was cold. The hot water would not even devolve my husbands tea bag. Coffee was good. They did have waffles so I guess that qualifies as a hot breakfast. They did have yogurt and hard boiled eggs and cold cereal. It was a decent breakfast but I would not consider it hot.

Room Tip: The suite was the same price as a room with a king size bed. No brainier get the suite
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jk4223
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2012

After reading several reviews, I was very concerned. After staying there this past weekend, I was very pleased. This hotel was clean, smelled fine, and the staff was great!! Come on people, you get what you pay for!! What I paid, this hotel was great!! Breakfast was fast and easy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends