“Excellent Budget Hotel”

Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We've stayed here a few times. Clean, very convenient to the interstate, and excellent value for your money. We had a very comfortable king room on the first floor which was spacious and more than adequate for an overnight stay. It is a few steps to the Lone Star Restaurant which gives a 10% discount to guests. At $62 a night this was super value. Breakfast was fine too. Check-in was fast and easy. No microwave or fridge but we never use those on an overnight anyway. We'll be back for sure. Oh it's pet friendly too at no extra charge.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline H

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were there when the covered bridge festival was goin on and paid twice the normal rate. The hotel itself was fine. Breakfast was the norm, same old things rather boring. but ok. Staff was great the hotel was very clean. It is just a shame that we got no sleep at all because of hwy noise. I even took a sleeping pill, and still could not sleep because of the over pass noise all night long.!

Room Tip: Maybe sleep on north side
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonba52
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. During the annual covered bridge festival hotel rates in the entire area increase due to the peak demand in the area. The Pear Tree Inn was still among the least expensive hotels in the area. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the highway noise. We will pass along your compliments to our team about the overall cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the team. If you have any further questions about the Pear Tree Inn, please let us know how we can help. Again, thanks for your feedback and we hope we will have a chance to see you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Once again, my wife and I stayed at this PearTree Inn on our way to PA. We paid a total of $67.19 for one night using an AAA discount. The breakfast area was pretty crowded and hard to manuver around to get your items to eat. There should be thought of redoing the breakfast area. Otherwise, everything else was great. I would recommend that you stay here (Exit 7, I believe) if you are traveling by car and need an overnight stop. This is a cheaper version of a Drury Inn without the refrigerator or microwave. As another reviewer mentioned, the traffic is heavy and very difficult to turn left back toward I-70.

TIP: There is an IHOP down the street if you arrive late and need a quick bite before bed.
TIP: The convenience store next door is excessively high. Go further down the street to buy what you may need.

Room Tip: Rooms on the NE corner are the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlphaRam
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were traveling from Kansas to Ohio and thought that Terre Haute would be a great place to stay. Did some research on trip advisor and really like the reviews for the Pear Tree Inn. Upon our arrival everything was ready and check in was easy. We were only in the room about 20 minutes when the phone rings and it is the front desk clerk wanting to make sure our room was okay. Asking us if we needed anything else and if we did just to call him. The room was very clean and had nice furniture. The room was very spacious. This was great as we were traveling with a 4 week old baby. It was very comforting to see how clean things were and how nice the staff was. It really helped ease our minds with a new baby. The breakfast was okay, not a lot of hot items but it was fine for us. We would highly recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Johnsonfamilyx4
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I spent one night at the Pear Tree Inn en route from Kansas City to Cincinnati. I chose Terre Haute as my (just beyond) mid-point and then looked for available hotels. I have stayed in Terre Haute before, but at other hotels. I had never stayed at a Pear Tree before, but I have stayed at Drury Hotels (the parent of Pear Tree). I like Drurys, so I thought I would try the budget offering, which I reserved for $54 per night with a discount.

I arrived at the hotel around 11 p.m. The desk clerk promptly greeted me, and after checking my ID, buzzed me in. I suppose there are late-night risks at a hotel, but I felt better knowing there was some security in place.

The lobby area was clean. There is also a breakfast room adjoining it. Breakfast in the morning was cereal, breads, fruit, donuts and coffee and juice. It's the standard breakfast offering. In the morning, the food was presented well and the serving area was kept in order.

I reserved a room with a king-sized bed. The room itself is a bit smaller than more expensive hotels, but it was not cramped. There was also a desk and chair, end table, long dresser with the TV and a reclining chair. The bathroom was also tight, but not impossible to move in.

One aspect I liked in the bathroom: There were dispensers in the tub for bath gel, shampoo and conditioner. Rather than fumbling with multiple little bottles, I just pushed the button to get what I needed. The tub provided plenty of hot water.

The room itself was clean. It was probably last updated several years ago, but everything was still in good shape. The hotel sits between the Drury Hotel to the north and a Lone Star Steak House to the south. The south side rooms face the windows of the Lone Star, so you will likely want to draw the drapes unless you like being watched by restaurant patrons.

The hotel offered free Wi-fi, which I used to check email. It was fast enough for that with a strong signal.

There are several hotels in the area, and there are lots of restaurants, too. As I said, the Lone Star is next door. Several are easily within walking distance. There are also many other businesses on US-41, including discount department stores, office supplies, pharmacies and several quickie marts. There's even a movie theater if you have the time.

My first experience with a Pear Tree by Drury was a good one. The room was affordable and clean and close to the highway. I awarded this hotel a 4 out of 5 because I reserve a 5 for truly outstanding experiences. I would stay here again. (CS)

Room Tip: South side rooms face a restaurant, north side room face the Drury Inn.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelerChriss
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Great stay, very friendly and helpful staff. the building was well maintained. This was one of the nicer places we stayed at.
The room was nicely appointed and clean, fast wyfi, good value. The breakfast was just OK. We would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

This super 8 has been very well maintained. The bedding was extremely comfortable and almost new. This became one of my more enjoyable stays with this brand of hotel. Well located with many services in the area. It even had a good TV channel selection. If in the area I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012