“Well, if you find yourself stuck in Terra Hauta....”

Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Actually I was glad that tripadvisor steared me towards this motel. I would have looked it by if by first appearance. The motel has no style, just cubical. Kind of like staying in a leggo block.
But the room is suprisingly large and set up so nice. There is even a recliner chair....wow..so if you have to spend fathers day alone on travel, then your motel room should at least have a lounge chair.
Still the carpet is not so clean. I really wish these motels knew their carpet was dirty. Like they could take one room a day and clean the carpet and have the whole motel clean in a couple months, Then clean a room every week on then. Good Idea?
Breakfast is simple but I know my little boy would like the waffels. Also seems stocked with a small variety of cereals and breads. Coffee was good.
Lots of restaurants in the area. I ate at Dennies. I was happy I did. Gas and service right next door. In all, nice location. Maybe just ignore the motel people. They can be scary at times.
The worse thing about this motel is that the window was left unlocked and this was on the ground floor with a hidden ally out the window. It is a window too that someonecould slip right in if left that way. At least it seems to lock up tight. I am going to complain on my way out.
In all....if I am ever in Terre Haute, I would say 99% would come back here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This room is close to the freeway as we were traveling west. Room was very clean, quiet and service was nice. Desk attendant sent us to a really nice restaurant for dinner close by. Breakfast is simple but gets you going in the morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

3  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Hello all! I begin by reminding you, my reader, that I have Red Lobster tastes, and a McDonalds budget. The king bed room was just over $100 after tax, which was okay in this instance. The room and hotel was lean, the front desk staff were very professional and friendly. Breakfast was waffles, muffins, and cereal, pretty good considering.
Things to consider: there is no pool. We were on the second floor there was no water (to purchase, I'm not much on getting water from the faucet.). The stairs wouldn't open to the first floor, I had to leave the building to get back into the hotel.
I would stay here again, and would recommend the hotel to others. If I ever stay here again, I will bring water. I hope this review helps, have a good stay!

Room Tip: We heard the pipes running in the room next door, get a corner room if possible.
2  Thank Scorpionds1
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed one night 5/11/13. The staff was very friendly at all times! The front desk staff was very friendly during check in. Other staff members all said hello and smiled when we passed them in the hall. The hotel was clean. The room was average, but nice considering the low price of the hotel. The room was quiet and we slept well. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, pasteries, hot belgian waffles, cereal, milk, juice, and coffee. The location is close to the interstate right in the middle of town. For the price we thought it was a great deal. This was our second stay at this hotel, and we would stay here again.

1  Thank couplenindy
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Clean and nice rooms. Comfortable beds. The reception is very friendly. We stayed for the night and had a coupon(booklet picked up at rest area) to use so paid really less for 2 double beds. The breakfast was okay, cereal and fruit, good coffee, but that is what you expect in low budget inns. We will definitely stay here again if we travel that way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank brookeusa2002
Reviewed 9 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Brenda F
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We were dead tired and it was graduation weekend. No rooms were available anywhere and we were lucky enough to secure the last room at the Peach Tree. The front desk person, Angela was straight from heaven. She was sweet, kind, clean, and polite. She didn't burden us with a ton of questions or forms. She even hand wrote a map for us for the next morning. The room was perfect- not the newest decor, but the carpet was clean, the bath sparkeled and no banging doors during the night. No kids running the halls, either or noisey ice machine. It was the perfect stay. We stumbled across the parking lot (we'd just driven from New Mexico) and had a mighty fine dinner at Cracker Barrel. Great location- just off interstate. Lots of gas/convience stores. Even a Goodwill up the road.
What a great night! thanks Angela!
In the morning, there were free waffles, bananas, coffee and oranges. Great for a fruit lover like me.

Room Tip: We had the room at the end of the hall first floor, near the exit. Our car was just outside the door...
5  Thank crestheaven