“Hotwire”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotwired for 67$ / night.Driving trip from Northern Ill to Orange Beach Alabama. Would not pay the hotel rate which was close to 90$.Room was big but kind of run down,breakfast not much at all.Two blocks from US 41. I try and avoid Interstate 65.Always blocked with overturned or jackknifed semis, accidents,even during the warmer months.Smoke free hotel. The first box i click on Hotwire is the smoke free box,otherwise forget Hotwire.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Cbce1pjb,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all guest feedback, and are always looking for ways to improve our services. I hope if you find yourself back in the area you will let us host you again.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Took my daughter to Indiana State University for an overnight visit and stayed here. It's about 3 - 4 miles away from the school but close to restaurants and up the way a bit from a mall. I have no regrets about staying here. The room was comfortable, clean and roomy. No problems with check in and we had a nice breakfast the next morning when we checked out. It was reasonable priced and I plan to possibly stay here again when I return back in June and August. Hopefully I have the same experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracey S
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel in June 2013 during a road trip across the US. The room was very nice but sadly my impressions are of a very dirty breakfast area and most of the offerings not refilled. Perhaps by now things have improved with feedback from guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Acadia80,
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Terre Haute. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room during your stay. I'm sorry to hear that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I have already followed up with my staff on this. I invite you to come visit us again and see how yours and other guest's feedback has been used to improve our hotel!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We found the Comfort Suites, Terre Haute, IN to be a reasonable facility. We checked in late and didn't use many of the offerings of the property. The breakfast was above average for a motel offering.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We've stayed at other Comfort Suites, and the layout of this hotel is very similar to those. Our room was a decent-sized, basic hotel room.

HOWEVER, this particular property is in need of some refreshing. The mattress on our bed was sunken in the middle, the carpet in our room had a big tear in it, the faucet in our bathtub dripped continuously, the sink stopper in the bathroom was broken into two pieces, and our room could have been cleaner. I also overheard another guest complain to the manager that the sofa bed in his room did not work.

When I went down for breakfast, there were a few, runny scrambled eggs and the sausage warmer was empty. Fortunately, there was a Cracker Barrel right next door and an IHOP just around the corner.

We won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear ToledoMark,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations while you were our guest. Our goal is for every guest to be completely satisfied, and I'm sorry we did not reach that. I hope that you can offer us another opportunity to impress you on your next stay in Terre Haute.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Accommodations were ok, nothing remarkable. We arrived late at night with 4 kids in tow. The night attendant had attitude when I requested he "fix" our keys as they did not work the first time (keep in mind this is at midnight with 4 kids...) We booked the room for 2 adults, 4 kids, but there were no sheets or pillows for the pullout. When I called down to the front desk, the male attendant was rude. Breakfast was cold, "hot" water for tea was cold. When I asked the breakfast attendant about the possibility of hot water, she told me "put your cup in the microwave". Donuts were stale. We stayed a total of 8 hours, which was long enough for us! We had a great experience with Bailey on the phone, though, and the female desk attendant in the morning was kind and helpful..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear SVR123,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please accept my apology for the level of service you experienced during your recent stay with us. Customer service is extremely important to us, and I will be addressing your comments with all parties involved. I hope that you might offer us another visit in the near future to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Sincerest apologies,

Reviewed 4 October 2013

It's not that the facility is bad, it's just plain average for what you get and at a somewhat higher price point. My only real negative comment with the care of the facility is the very strong odor of chlorine from the indoor pool upon entering the lobby and a relatively blah parking lot and entry experience (not much street appeal to distinguish it from it's neighboring facilities). Our room was basically clean, but yes there were cob webs (as previously mentioned) in most of the light fixtures. I hate saying this, but there's not much difference between this place and some budget motel chains (Super 8, etc.)....just a bigger but not necessarily a nicer room. Terre Haute must have some special appeal that I'm not aware of, as a lot of it's lodging seems to be rather expensive for what you get and where you're at (we were there on a Sunday night, no football game or other major event in town etc.). I've stayed in many (larger and smaller) college towns, at much nicer facilities, and at more reasonable prices. If you don't mind paying extra for the name and average lodging, this place is fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Gary8180,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Our goal at the Comfort Suites Terre Haute, is to impress our guests. Please accept my apology that we did not succeed in reaching our goal. I will address your comments with my housekeeping staff to put a renewed emphasis on the cleanliness of our rooms. I hope that you will give us another opportunity, the next time you are in the area, to exceed your expectations.