“best service in town”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have been a regular customer at zaza since it has been open and have no complaints. To start, the owner chef Sav comes out and greets us everytime we dine with him. The food is to die for anything from the pasta to the pizza rocks my world. And last but certainly not least the service is fantastic...most of you narcisists dont realize that it takes time to cook and prepare authentic food no matter the origin and if the dish is being made per order no body should have complaints when theyre food comes out as fresh and courteously as zaza does it. I return primarily on my favorite waitress's nights and if you eat there you know who she is. Zaza is authentic delicious and comes straight from the heart and the service will turn a frown upside down nobody has any room to comment poorly as far as im concerned

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I ordered a simple pasta and shrimp in a spicy sauce that was quite tasty. Not overly exciting but still tasty. My boyfriend's dish was over sauced and not really the as the description would have lead you to believe. The bread served with the meal appeared to be slices one would use to prepare a panini which could be fine I guess but these were quite dry. I'm not sure, it may deserve another try. Atmosphere was not quite as cozy as you would expect from a small space.

2  Thank ThePixieLaLa
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I loved my pumpkin ravioli! Very delicious and the canollis are out of this world! My only complaint is that the place is very small and claustrophobic.

1  Thank Laura99IN
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Had to write a review after reading others nasty review regarding Zaza. My italian families favorite restaurant. We went there this Saturday and they informed us that they are waiting for their liquor license to come in and could not serve wine till next week. Not a big deal to our family because we go there for the food. We've been going to this great restaurant since 1999 when it was a small place in the down town area of Valparaiso. The food it exceptional and top notch. Chef Savario is a real italian born in italy and his cousine is propable the best in Northwest Indiana. You can go to this place and ask them to make any dish in the italian library and most likely it will be made for you. Try that with any other restaurant in the area or anywhere, see if they can accomodate you. I don't think so ! Only place in Valpo to get homemade food like gnocchi, veal or anything on the menu. We're Italian and believe me, we love this place. Best food around. Period.
Grazie Chef Savario and Host Fonnie.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Food was acceptable, portions not overly awesome. Service could improve, atmosphere was quaint and Italian. Thought pricing was extreme for staple italian entrees.
Small dining area, has never been filled to capacity when I visited.

1  Thank dmarruth