“Mediocre Experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Mediocre Experience”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

While most of our food was good, we had to wait a very long time because apparently a cook had called off. First of all, the appetizer bread tasted burnt. The waitress said she would give us some free desserts but then just gave us canoles which did not makeup for us waiting an extremely long amount of wait time. The atmosphere in the restaurant seemed crowded and somewhat cheap (although the prices on the menus were pretty average for casual dining.) I would definitely not recommend this restaurant. Pestos is much better for Italian cuisine.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ashley1603

Chesterton, Indiana
“You Gotta Try the Gnocchi!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

You can create your own pasta or gnocchi with the sauce/toppings that you choose. The food is very good!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank MCA2241
Valparaiso, IN
“My NEW FAVORITE Italian Restaurant <3 :)”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Excellent and consistent....sums up the food, service, atmosphere and overall experience of this warm, cozy, Italian restaurant. Something worth mentioning, is that the chef is from Rome and so are his recipes.

My family's favorites are the Italian beef, pumpkin ravioli's, chicken Marcella, Capri salad, soups and desserts...YUMMY!!!! The tirimisu is homemade and mmmmuuuuuaaaa...DELICIOUS. It's so smooth, rich, cool and creamy....MMMMMMMNNNNN Now, I'm craving...

The service is prompt, friendly, respectful and professional. Our experiences have been positive and consistent. We have even been there on several occasions where they have been busy or packed, and we have still recieved exceptional service.

In response to a couple of comments about their liquor license: If they would never have a liquor license, my family and I would not care...We go there for the amazing food! Sure, a glass of wine is nice with a meal, not necessary. ;)

I am Italian @ <3 and this is my new favorite Italian restaurant in the area.:))))

• Visited July 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“best service in town”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have been a regular customer at zaza since it has been open and have no complaints. To start, the owner chef Sav comes out and greets us everytime we dine with him. The food is to die for anything from the pasta to the pizza rocks my world. And last but certainly not least the service is fantastic...most of you narcisists dont realize that it takes time to cook and prepare authentic food no matter the origin and if the dish is being made per order no body should have complaints when theyre food comes out as fresh and courteously as zaza does it. I return primarily on my favorite waitress's nights and if you eat there you know who she is. Zaza is authentic delicious and comes straight from the heart and the service will turn a frown upside down nobody has any room to comment poorly as far as im concerned

• Visited July 2012
“Not quite what I had hoped.”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I ordered a simple pasta and shrimp in a spicy sauce that was quite tasty. Not overly exciting but still tasty. My boyfriend's dish was over sauced and not really the as the description would have lead you to believe. The bread served with the meal appeared to be slices one would use to prepare a panini which could be fine I guess but these were quite dry. I'm not sure, it may deserve another try. Atmosphere was not quite as cozy as you would expect from a small space.

2 Thank ThePixieLaLa