“Go for the creme brulé. Best ever!”
Review of Pikk's Tavern

Pikk's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Pikk's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 157 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Go for the creme brulé. Best ever!”
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

The creme brulé brings me back. Its huge! Not one one those little rinky dink ones. A big huge bowl of amazing creamy-ness. The rest is pretty good too.They are trying to be upscale and do fancy things with their food. If you are picky you might have a hard time choosing something. Would I go back? Sure! I like sitting near the window and people watching. While eating my creme brulé haha.

Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great Food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very good food and great service.
They have outdoor seating in the summer.
Bartenders know what they are doing.

Visited December 2012
Crown Point, Indiana
“Good eats - Dirty seats”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I've eaten at Pikks twice. Both experiences were about the same & that is scary. The service is above average to great & the food is very good. However, the place is filthy. Bus-boys do not use sani-buckets, the bathrooms (nasty) are less than 3 feet from the open kitchen & when I went to pick up my jacket I found my hand touching a wet fuzzy substance.
I will not return. If the front of the restaurant is gross, I do not want to think what the back is like.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank UP_NY-73
valparaiso, Indiana
“Convivial pub atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Pikks in downtown Valparaiso is fun and the food is very good. We have had the rather elegant brunch with interesting choices, especially the eggs benedict. We had dinner a couple of weeks ago on a week night and the place was buzzing. Service was excellent for our party of 5 and the food quite good. Each week night features a themed menu with some of the owner's mother's traditional treats--Italian food or her real multi-meat loaf to die for, for example. The most fun is their once-a-month first Thursday 5 for $5.00. We had their bleu cheese sliders which are outstanding. The pino grigio, their $5.00 white choice, was a real treat. The service is always excellent, even when the patrons are lined up two deep at the bar, as they were Thursday night. You can tell it is a place where people enjoy themselves--smiles all around. It does a get a bit loud, however!

• Visited December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nicer than a Tavern”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My mind thinks small town when I hear tavern, a place where there is a hardware store, a church, and a tavern. Pikk's is a higher caliber tavern with lovely food and nice atmosphere. The prices reflect this higher status so this is not the place if you are looking to pop in for a burger and a beer and not pay too much. This is very nice dining. The salmon on a cedar plank was very tasty and the price for it was decent. Nevery nice beer selection. I appreciated seeing the percentage of alcohol listed . . . I needed to be careful if I was even going to have one and then think I could drive myself. College students should think of this as a nice place to take their parents if they like nicer places. Otherwise, they should save this for nice date night.

• Visited October 2012