“Friday night date with husband”
Review of Pikk's Tavern

Pikk's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Pikk's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 163 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I didn't have reservations on a recent Friday night but decided to take a chance and see if we could get a table at Pikk's after going to a movie.
The staff didn't seem rattled at all and seated us immediately at a nice table in lower level.
We both ordered the burgers and they arrived very quickly right after our drink orders.
Food tasted great and burgers were cooked to our specifications.
Our wait staff was also very good checking on us but not being overbearing.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff all around.
A light meal at it's best.
Harp, fresh, right amount of head.
Seafood chowder.... I'm at the ocean!
Wedge salad: great dressing, nice chunks of crispy bacon in a creamy sauce, on freshly cut lettuce.
Creme Brûlée with a perfect brittle top.
Large coffee that is smooth and rich doesn't need cream or sugar.
Now for nap!

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived here after 8 p.m. and it was busy. The food was good but the atmosphere was noisy. The noise made it difficult to carry a conversation. Not a deal breaker but worth noting. Wait staff was attentive. I would come back.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a very nice dinner here during my recent visit to the area. Valparaiso has some great little places to eat, and this is one of them. The inside is clean and comfortable and there is outdoor seating as well. My friend and I sat outside. The food was very good and the serving sizes were big, neither one of us was able to complete our meal. I would go again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Whether a stop after work for a quick sandwich or a casual weekend meal as a couple or with friends, Pikk's Tavern in the college town of Valparaiso, IN is a good choice with some above average pub grub. Take their fries and replace the ketchup with one of their house made sauces like wasabi mayo,malt vinegar-agave or red pepper aioli which I did when I ordered the flank steak sandwich. The steak was tender, flavorful and really good served on top of a garlic roll that soaked up all the brown bits and juices. Surprised to see Frutti di Mare on the menu but as served in a flavorful broth with capellini, shrimp, calamari and mussels it passed our Italian-made dishes served in non-Italian restaurants with a B+.