“Nice Change”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice Change”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Didn't know they were remaking this hotel, only knew it changed names. 1st time staying here sing renovation...wow, nice job. Everything was upgraded and staff was very attentive. Will stay here next time in area. Keep up good work.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We take great pride & ownership in the complete renovation of this hotel & I am happy that it shows through with our customer service as well. Please visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Beach Park, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I chaperoned a group of college students to a conference in Valparaiso. This was not the conference assigned hotel, but it was the best moderately priced hotel in the area. Hotel staff were extremely attentive and offered to go above and beyond without being asked. For example, when I alerted the staff a pizza would be arriving for our group, the staff member immediately brought out plates and napkins. Room was very clean and spacious. Hotel recently was renovated and it shows. There are many upgraded features. Everything from the shower to the hair dryer were brand new. There is also a small sundry shop and the parking lot shares space with Applebee's. Great experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you Carolyn for your wonderful review. We very much enjoyed hosting your group! We have completed an entire renovation and all of our amenities are in fact brand new. We are pleased that you found us & that the staff was able to assist you in all of your groups needs. I will pass along your great comments as I know the staff will be excited to hear from you! Please stop in to visit again if you are in the Valparaiso area.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a conference at the university. They had a very good deal on Expedia, so I went with it, and I'm glad I did. The staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were very up-to-date and comfortable, and the value for the price was notable. Before this trip, I wasn't that impressed with Best Western, but I'll consider them again after staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review! I am so happy that you found our hotel to be of great value. We enjoyed having you as our guest & I am pleased that you have found our brand to be accommodating to your needs. With Best Western, you stay with people who care. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our staff. Thank you again for staying with us.
Maroa
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Best staff I have had in years and I stay at alot of hotels [professional referee/umpire] The staff was very helpful starting with directions to the hotel [2 calls] to directions/times to the event at the University...They [especially Shelley [sp] ] were outstanding...Nick

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words & positive review Nick. We do our best to go above and beyond our guests expectations & I am so pleased that we were able to "Wow" you with our professionalism! I will be sure to pass along your great comments to Shelley and the whole team. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I wanted to write a review for this hotel because it was such a nice experience for my husband and I. We decide to go away for valentines weekend and in search of a hotel near by I found Best Western Valparaiso,in and we booked the weekend. The price was right and I knew it had just remodel and opened:-)
What an awsome find! So nice and clean and new:-) The staff was GREAT! They went up and beyond to make our getaway as nice as possible. We had such a nice comfortable and quite room. Again I am not one to write reviews but just felt compelled to share our experience so others could know and have the same kind of experience we did:-)

Room Tip: We always like to be on the top floor. We find it to be a little more quiet.:-) And never count out...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your kind words & great review! You were such a delightful couple to have as our guests! Valentines Day is such a great holiday to spend the night away with your loved one & we are so happy that you chose us & we could share your memories. I will pass along your kind words to the staff. Please be sure to pass along the word to any friends or family that you have coming to the area & be sure to stop by & see us again soon!
Ft Myers, FL, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Was on my way back to Chicago on Business, Was getting late and my flight was not until afternoon the next day So I scoped this hotel out .Very nice clean Hotel and room`s Staff was very helpful , And Applebee`s right across the Parking lot. I like to stay at places that have a restaurant on site or near by.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback & review! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest! It is definitely a great benefit for us to share our lot with a great restaurant such as Applebees. I will pass along your wonderful comments to our staff. Please visit us again soon!
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Accommodating staff, Beautiful rooms just redone at the end of 2013. Everything was super clean. They even had 'clean remotes' which were designed for keeping clean. Bathrooms nice, showers had glass doors, breakfast nice. Only drawback was being by the road, heard some road noise, but that was a minimal concern. Would definitely come here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you so much for your positive response. We are very proud of the successful remodel. We pride ourselves on our "Ultra Clean" environment which inludes the clean remote program. Thank you for noticing! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff. Please stop by again if you are in the area. We loved having you as our guest!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton

Been to Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso? Share your experiences!