“Nice place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on the way to Indianapolis for Big Ten Tournament. Very nice staff and very nicely remodeled hotel. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the Valpo area. Restaurant next door was convenient and easy to get anywhere from this location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
BWValpoGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn at Valparaiso, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for wonderful review! Our hotel is under new ownership and management and has gone under a major renovation and transformation. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay & look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
portage, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nice hotel, updated with nice clean rooms. Staff was excellent extremely satisfied with our get away weekend. We will stay again for our near home get away place. Valpo has great restaurants shopping and for just walking to grab a snack or drink Applebee's right next door with a great staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful response. We take pride in our wonderful hotel amenities and guest satisfaction. We are happy you were able enjoy a "staycation" with us and took advantage of having a nice dinner at our Applebees next door. We look forward to having you as our guests soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Didn't know they were remaking this hotel, only knew it changed names. 1st time staying here sing renovation...wow, nice job. Everything was upgraded and staff was very attentive. Will stay here next time in area. Keep up good work.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn at Valparaiso, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We take great pride & ownership in the complete renovation of this hotel & I am happy that it shows through with our customer service as well. Please visit us again.
Beach Park, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I chaperoned a group of college students to a conference in Valparaiso. This was not the conference assigned hotel, but it was the best moderately priced hotel in the area. Hotel staff were extremely attentive and offered to go above and beyond without being asked. For example, when I alerted the staff a pizza would be arriving for our group, the staff member immediately brought out plates and napkins. Room was very clean and spacious. Hotel recently was renovated and it shows. There are many upgraded features. Everything from the shower to the hair dryer were brand new. There is also a small sundry shop and the parking lot shares space with Applebee's. Great experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValpoGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn at Valparaiso, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you Carolyn for your wonderful review. We very much enjoyed hosting your group! We have completed an entire renovation and all of our amenities are in fact brand new. We are pleased that you found us & that the staff was able to assist you in all of your groups needs. I will pass along your great comments as I know the staff will be excited to hear from you! Please stop in to visit again if you are in the Valparaiso area.
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a conference at the university. They had a very good deal on Expedia, so I went with it, and I'm glad I did. The staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were very up-to-date and comfortable, and the value for the price was notable. Before this trip, I wasn't that impressed with Best Western, but I'll consider them again after staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review! I am so happy that you found our hotel to be of great value. We enjoyed having you as our guest & I am pleased that you have found our brand to be accommodating to your needs. With Best Western, you stay with people who care. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our staff. Thank you again for staying with us.
Maroa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Best staff I have had in years and I stay at alot of hotels [professional referee/umpire] The staff was very helpful starting with directions to the hotel [2 calls] to directions/times to the event at the University...They [especially Shelley [sp] ] were outstanding...Nick

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words & positive review Nick. We do our best to go above and beyond our guests expectations & I am so pleased that we were able to "Wow" you with our professionalism! I will be sure to pass along your great comments to Shelley and the whole team. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I wanted to write a review for this hotel because it was such a nice experience for my husband and I. We decide to go away for valentines weekend and in search of a hotel near by I found Best Western Valparaiso,in and we booked the weekend. The price was right and I knew it had just remodel and opened:-)
What an awsome find! So nice and clean and new:-) The staff was GREAT! They went up and beyond to make our getaway as nice as possible. We had such a nice comfortable and quite room. Again I am not one to write reviews but just felt compelled to share our experience so others could know and have the same kind of experience we did:-)

Room Tip: We always like to be on the top floor. We find it to be a little more quiet.:-) And never count out...