“Great meal for some out of town people”
Review of Bon Femme Cafe - CLOSED

Bon Femme Cafe
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lafayette
Description: Elegance in a casual setting with warm and friendly service. One of Valparaiso premier restaurants
Auburn, Indiana
“Great meal for some out of town people”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The place itself is decorated very well. It has that upscale feel and look. It gives you a feel of an upscale restauarant in a large city.
The service was over the top. Our server was friendly and on top of our needs. (if she is reading this review....my husband was concerned for my hair if we sat outside due to the wind) Anyway, we were so happy for the service.
i had the pork chop and my husband had the fish. Both were very good...I mean great. The price was right and the food was awesome.
Our only complaint was that it took 34 minutes from time of order to food on the table. We keep exact time on this every time that we order at a restaurant just to get a feel for "normal" order times". If this is our only complaint this place is doing it right.
Expect to pay $50 for 2 people plus $35 for a bottle of wine.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank sigs99

Valparaiso, Indiana
“Comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere. Owner Keith always there and makes you feel welcome.only negative is some seating is Banquet style

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Darryl G
Winfield, IN.
“Late lunch date with husband”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

When my husband and I are looking for a special place for lunch or dinner, we often head to Bon Femme in nearby Valparaiso.
Our most recent visit was on a cold winter day and we were warmly greeted by staff.
I enjoyed a nice glass of their house cab while my husband ordered iced tea.
We were served some of their homemade bread and in minutes our lunches were served. I had spinach quiche while my husband was served a gourmet burger cooked to his specifications. I especially like the Euro salad that comes with most lunches.
Both food and service were wonderful as usual and I am sure we will be making many return visits.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank foodwriter50
Midwest
“A Diamond in a college town!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Wow! Service and a 5 Star meal where you'd least expect it. After having horrible service from a supposed 'upscale' restaurant in this little college town, we hadn't planned to eat here - BUT we were very pleasantly surprised to find Bon Femme!

Walking in to a cozy, quiet little corner of the world where there was almost a full house and getting seated quickly was wonderful. Our server "Mo" was attentive during the entire meal and made excellent suggestions and polite, pleasant conversation. The Ahi Tuna appetizer was one of the best we've eaten - we shared it but regretted not ordering two!! The colorful salad was a delight in flavors and variety (definitely not the bagged lettuce you'd expect!!) the pickled beets were complimented with grapes and the bleu cheese dressing was chunky and creamy!!
My entrée was the crab and sweet corn quiche which had great flavor and a wonderful buttery crust. My husband's reaction is always "UGH, quiche!" but after a small bite, he asked for another one but larger! Yes, Bon Femme has converted him over to the quiche crowd!
His linguine with Andouille sausage and shrimp was spicy and enough that we brought half of it home. Dessert was easy - Mo suggested the chocolate peanut butter pie for "later in the night" - had we sampled it there, we would have taken two home because this just topped off a great meal.
So was it the excellent service or the outstanding meal???? BOTH!!

So now more thinking Valpo doesn't have quality dining - we just found it!!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Rae Ann P
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Felt under dressed but pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We were headed to another restaurant for lunch but they weren't open so we opted for Bon Femme and they were open. Immediately I knew it was going to be costly. Very fancy inside and all the guests were in suits. We both had a salad, one with shrimp added. And creme Brule for dessert. Our bill was $34. Pricey but yet still worth it because the salad was fresh and they made their own dressing. Service was outstanding too. Would I dine there again? Maybe. You could easily drop $100 in this place for 2.

2 Thank Laura99IN