“Cute Restaurant, Great Food, Amazing Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meditrina

Meditrina
Ranked #4 of 156 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rifle, Colorado, United States
“Cute Restaurant, Great Food, Amazing Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My fiance and I have been here multiple times and each time we come it is just as great as before. This last time we got the Sampler appetizer (hummus, tabouli & baba ganouj served with warm pitas) which was delicious. Then my fiance got the Gyro Sandwich and I got the Beef Shawarma Dinner. Both were amazing! The beef shawarma in particular was very tasteful! Then for dessert we got the chocolate moose and the baklava. I have never had something here that I didn't like. If you are looking for a cute restaurant with great food then you've gotta try this place!

• Visited April 2014

Schererville, Indiana
“A real find in Valpo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was a very nice surprise. We were seated very quickly on a Saturday evening. We had the cheese plate for a starter followed by the vegetable soup. For entrees we had the kofta platter and the pomegranate steak. All the food was well prepared and very tasty. The wine and beer selections were very good.

I like the ambiance and was very happy with the service.

Valparaiso, Indiana, USA
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My boyfriend and I had dinner at Meditrina for the first time last weekend. It was superb! The restaurant is tiny and eclectic. The aromas when we walked in the door had us practically drooling before we were even seated! Our server was very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Where to start about the food? Every bit was scrumptious. We started out with the cheese platter, which was the special appetizer of the night. A variety of superb cheeses, plus sliced salami, dates, gold raisins and warm, crispy slices of bread were beautifully presented on a bed of baby spinach leaves. We both enjoyed a cup of yummy lentil soup. My date ordered the Kefta Combo Platter and loved the variety of Middle Eastern treats. I ordered the Pomegranate Steak and it was heavenly! The steak was perfectly done, and the pomegranate reduction was a wonderful accompaniment to the beef. It was served with some delicious herbed rice and fresh green beans which were cooked to perfection. All of the ingredients were fresh, and everything we tasted was absolutely delicious. I'm so anxious to return to Meditrina that I already have plans to dine there with a friend this week. I cannot say enough good things about this hidden gem.

Chicago, Illinois
“No question, best in Valpo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

If there’s better, fresher restaurant food in Valparaiso, we don’t know of it. Traditional Middle Eastern dishes are perfectly prepared and garnished. Daily specials and pita-style pizzas are interesting and show some creativity. House wines are very good. All the food we’ve tried is reliably fresh and delicious. Service is friendly although the space is tight. This little restaurant is a local treasure.

Valparaiso, Indiana
“A touch of the city in Valpo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We love the food and ambiance of Medtrina. The service is always friendly and good. It's much like a good restaurant one would find in Chicago.

• Visited February 2014