“Don't waste your time and $”
Review of Designer Desserts

Designer Desserts
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Valparaiso
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Besides the fact that this place is "cute" and the cupcakes are "pretty" this place has nothing going for it. The staff was extremely snotty and impatient ALL three times we stopped in. The cupcakes are usually dry and have almost no flavor. And the icing, which to me is the most important part, tastes like plain cool whip. Awful! We go to the bakery at the local grocery store here for cupcakes now and they are a thousand times tastier! I really tried to like this place but every time it was a let down. If your jones ing for an awesome buttercream cupcake, this is NOT the place to go.

3  Thank Sarahkm424

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a must whenever I go to visit my daughter in Michigan at college. I stop by Designer Desserts and pick up a least a box of four cupcakes to take with. Her boyfriend and roommates all have their favorites and love when they see the pink box! My grandsons, who live near us, also love it when they see the pink box because they know memaw is coming in the door with special treats!!

1  Thank Teresa C
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is my favorite place ever to get cupcakes! They are huge and all the flavors are great. If you are going on a Saturday, plan to go early for the best selection.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We are new to the Valpo area, and we're enjoying discovering all the wonderful local places to eat. A neighbor had dropped off four cupcakes from this bakery for us as a thank you a couple of weeks ago, and they were wonderful. So my daughter and I decided to stop in here on the way home after school this week for a little treat in person. So delicious! Often, I find that "cute" cupcakes are only that: cute, but without much flavor. Definitely not the case here. The shop is adorable, the treats delicious, and the service very friendly. And as gourmet cupcakes go, the price isn't too terrible either. We will be back!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

With so many flavor choices, it is wonderful dilemma to decide on what you want. Every cupcake we have gotten has been delicious. A friend had even gotten a small cake for her wedding, but had 3 flavors of cupcakes so guests could pick what they wanted-great idea. Although a little pricey, they are worth it for a treat!