“Good food but hidden costs”

Kelsey's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Naples, Florida
“Good food but hidden costs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The menu has a lot of variety and the food is high quality. However, the size of the cocktail glasses was very dissapointing especially for a high end restaurant. Watch out for the hidden upgrade costs. When the waitress asks if you would like mushrooms on your steak she does not tell you that will be a $3.50 upcharge. The side dishes with the meal are limited in scope and if you stray beyond the menu offering expect an upgraded cost.

I would go again but prepared to order a beer rather than a cocktail and I would be on alert for hidden upgrades.

• Visited August 2014

Rochester, Indiana
“Food as good as I remember”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had eaten at the old location many times, but hadn't eaten here since they moved to the new location. I was returning from Chicago and we decided to stop for dinner, we were able to walk in and get seated in the bar area no problem. As my review title states, food still good, service not so much. Our waitress was a bit flighty, she came to take our drink order, didn't take, ran back to get silverware. Realized we didn't have water, went to get that, still didn't take drink order. Finally we were able to get the drink order, we also ordered our entrees at this time. Now it was a Friday night, it was fairly busy, but we waited almost 45mins for our steaks. Our steaks were good, they were cooked the way we wanted, however our server had put my steak in as a regular instead of the king sized. She did offer to have another steak cooked for me or get me a king sized cooked. I declined on account of how long it took to get what we got. So food is still good, service, at least on this visit was a bit off.

• Visited April 2014
North augusta
“The greatest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The best steak I have ever eaten everything was great the soup was great the service was great I'm going back real soon this is my 3 time eating here

1 Thank Johnnykey5
Springfield, Ohio
“Steak house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The steak we ordered was excellent. One of the best I have ever eaten. The service was at a five star level. It was worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013
Long Beach, California
“Tasty Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Did not wait long to get in and found the service very good. The rib meat fell off the bones, delicious! Pork chop juicy, and cooked to perfection. One thing I did not care for was the presentation of the food. A baked potato served in foil?? The atmosphere is comfortable but could use some updating.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Kelsey's Steak House? Share your experiences!