“A best bet in Valpo”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Valparaiso, Indiana
“A best bet in Valpo”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Every now and then when I go to a new restaurant I get lucky and pick a winner off the menu on my first try. Such was the case with Pestos and one of their signature selections macadamia nut crusted chicken.
No need to look at the menu since. My fiancee on the other hand is a bit more adventurous and likes to try the seasonal specials and is always happy with her food.She's also a big fan of the martini's.
We both enjoy the fresh bread and soup they bring you before your meal.

Dine in or carryout I've never had a bad meal here.Serving size is just right. I could eat everything at one time but prefer to halve my meal so I can have leftovers the next day and it's just as good.

GRANGER
“Great food, great service, very pleased”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were in Valpo for the weekend and had read good reviews of this restaurant as well as looking at the menu on-line. We both had the Crab-crusted Chilean Sea Bass (why we went) and it was totally awesome. I only have food that nicely presented and exceptional on a cruise! The salad and hot, homemade bread were delicious. We had a great server who was personable and attentive. We would definitely go back the next time we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SueBee46530
Valpo IN
“The food was FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We dined on seafood and noodles in a vodka cream sauce with asparagus and Tuscan filet mignon on a bed of potatoes and asparagus. The lobster, shrimp and scallops were delicious as were the wide noodles and sauce.

The filet was ordered medium rare and was perfectly done and very tender.

This will be one of our go to restaurants.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Pesto salmon, fresh bread, wine, macadamia chicken with red pepper cream sauce....total yum! Great service with a smile. We went for anniversary dinner.

Visited June 2014
Goshen, Indiana
“Fabulous bread, mediocre pasta”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We met our son & his new fiance' and her parents here for a meet and greet as Valpo was centrally located. This was not too far off the 80/90 tollway which we took over. We did not have reservations but were seated quickly in a small room off the main dining, which we appreciated very much since the main dining room was quite noisy.

The drinks and the bread came quickly, and based on the warm, tasty bread with oil and spices I was anticipating a very good meal. Unfortunately, the pasta was mediocre. The salads looked crispy if not ordinary and my chicken tortellini soup was tasty but not very hot.

My eggplant parmigiana was a very generous size but was not very tasty. The tomato sauce and the eggplant just didn't have a lot of taste. Our son's fiance' ordered the lobster ravioli and when it came out it just did not look very appetizing. The sauce was a translucent yellow lemon dill that just did not look good and in my humble opinion was not a pleasing match with lobster ravioli. She ate a couple of raviolis and was finished; she shared a ravioli with me and I can't say I cared for it either. The fiance's mother had seafood fettuccine and there looked to be enough seafood but she said the sauce was not outstanding. The pizza the guys had was eaten quickly and nobody complained.

The service was good, beware for six people they added the tip to the bill. But if we decide to meet in Valpo again I will definitely suggest trying another restaurant.

1 Thank ConvertibleWoman