“I drive 100 miles for this pizza!”

Greek's Pizzeria-Downtown
Ranked #21 of 162 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I grew up in Valpo but now live in Lafayette. It's a requirement to visit Greeks anytime we are anywhere in the vicinity! Most amazing pizza ever! Great crust, tons of toppings and thick, gooey cheese! And don't forget the garlic knots - they are amazing!!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

great pizza...they do that almost completely crumbled meat on the pizza, which is great. I normally detest mushrooms on pizza but did not mind them at all since the pizza sauce, crust and cheese were all so good. Best pizza in town.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We regularly order Greek's calabriese pizza and it's one of the best we've had anywhere! Their knots with marinara sauce are also a great appetizer. The restaurant itself is often crowded and somewhat noisy but, for carryout, it can't be beat!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I have been going to this place for a few years, they do not exactly have NY Pizza as advertised, but it is the midwest so any effort to approach this goal is appreciated. I called in a pizza order and asked if, like all other pizza places, if I could split the topping (1/2 + 1/2 = 1). She said of course. I arrive and they charge me for two toppings (apparently at this place 1/2 + 1/2 = 2). I asked why I was charged so much and the rude owner barked at me (yes, me, a customer in his 50s), that I would be charged for two toppings. When I raised my concern he rudely responded that they do not split toppings "we do not do that" (well you do, its just that you charge full price for a half order). Moreover, this is strange since every pizza place I have ever ordered at does and your employee said you did. But I do not work here (fortunately), and I am just a customer (a former one). Then he tells me that okay, here is what we will do (control freak?), I will only charge you for one topping (in other words, I will not over charge you). Of course, he never apologized for his employee who provided wrong information, nor for his rude behavior. Not to worry. I will not be back .

3  Thank Picky2009
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Funky little restaurant offers the best pizza options in Valparaiso. Eat-in, take-out or delivery, all options are available and the quality of the pizza does not suffer. The sauce and dough taste great and all of the usual toppings are available. Specialty pizzas (such as Napoli) each have a distinct flavor and are great. Beer and pop are available. Conveniently located near the Square in Valpo behind the new downtown park.