“Relaxing Sanutary”

Ranked #1 of 2 Valparaiso B&B and Inns
Northern Indiana
“Relaxing Sanutary”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Warbler Room which was wonderful. The breakfast was amazing. Hospitality was exceptional. A great place to stay and getaway.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 28 October 2009

There are not enough words to describe how much my husband and I loved Songbird Prairie. We went for our honeymoon in the beautiful autumn season and the grounds were absolutely breathtaking with fall colors. Every detail at Songbird has been lovingly attended to and the rooms are spectacular - from gorgeous furniture and decor to luxurious linens and robes. The breakfasts are SO delicious and quite hearty, and are perfectly served in a sunroom surrounded by woods and bird feeders that attract a constant stream of cardinals, finches, blue jays, robins and more. We also got massages from a licensed LMT, Leslie, which was a wonderfully relaxing way to start the trip. All the arrangements for that were handled through the B&B. The owners are extremely personable and friendly and have put a tremendous amount of work into the B&B. I'm recommending Songbird Prairie to everyone I know, and my husband and I will *definitely* be back!

Indianapolis
Reviewed 21 October 2009

My husband and I come here about twice a year. Words and pictures will never do this lovely place justice. A sense of peace and well-being envelops you once you walk in the door, and stays with you even after you leave. The BnB is undoubtedly the most gorgeous and well-thought-out place we've stayed at. We love to travel both in the U.S. and abroad, and this place cannot be beat. To be truthful, no place has yet to come close.

The rooms are gorgeous and luxurious. The grounds are beautiful. You can stroll through the meadow behind the inn, or just relax in an adirondack chair underneat the apple tree and watch the world go by. If you wake up early, wander downstairs and have a cup of tea (there's a special area just for guests with tea and coffe, fresh cookies and a fridge just for our use) and sit in the sunroom to watch the many songbirds having their breakfast. Barbara is an avid bird lover and has bird feeders set up all around the outside of the sunroom. You can even listen to their songs as you breakfast as she has the outside of the room mic'd up.

Small, but significant touches like this are the hallmark of the Inn. You don't just get a glass of water, you get a cut crystal goblet of water with sprigs of lemon balm and flower buds. You don't just get a nice breakfast, you get a three course lavish breakfast that would be at home on the cover of Gourmet magazine. My husband and I were enjoying ourselves so much this last trip, we couldn't bear to go home and extended our stay for one more day! Barbara was gracious as ever in accommodating this last-minute request.

Bottom line.. go. You won't be disappointed. And you will definately be back.

Chicago
Reviewed 7 October 2009

This was our second stay at songbirg prarie and it was even better than the first stay. i always thought that b&b's were for my parents (i'm 25), but my wife and i LOVE it here.

we love the breakfast, the walking paths, the nature, the birds (yes, there are so many birds outside and barbara knows so much about them), and how close it is to our house in northwest indiana. in fact, during our second stay, we loved our room SO much that we stayed in all day on saturday and watched movies. the bed was the most comfortable bed my wife and i had ever slept in and we can't wait to go back and sleep in another room! so far, we've stayed in the warbler and the cardinal rooms and they are amazing. they're a far cry from the cold 'colonial' rooms with doilies everywhere that you see at other bed and breakfasts.

can't wait to come back for our anniversary next year.

Lafayette
Reviewed 17 April 2009

My husband and I try to get away for a couple of days once a year and go to different bed and breakfasts. Because of the wonderful experience we had, we plan to return to Songbird Prairie again! The innkeeper was very hospitable and we had never had 3 course breakfasts before! Listening to all the birds outside of our window and while we ate breakfast, walking in the woods, enjoying the fireplace and hot tub in our room - just what we needed! Barbara was also able to recommend a great place for dinner that only added to our experience. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed 11 March 2009

had very nice tile in bathroom and heated floors. we never ran out of hot water for shower or whirlpool but we didn't overuse it either. Just a very nice room and very convenient.. The whirlpool is big enough for two people...

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Grinny1
Reviewed 6 March 2009

I have stayed at Songbird Prairie B&B on numerous occasions. Barbara and Ef have always been pleasant, accommodating and kind. I travel for business very frequently. My room is always impeccibly clean. I have never had a stay that was less than perfect at Songbird Prairie. The surroundings are just what I need after a long business day. The property is very quiet and surrounded with nature. I recommend Songbird Prairie every chance I get.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Best Western Inn & Suites Of Merrillville

Been to Songbird Prairie Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!