Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Chesterton)
View Hotel
All reviewsbusy weekendsitting areanice choiceroom was cleannice hotelsausageplenty to eatstaff was very friendlynice stayevery morningfree cookiesyogurthard boiled eggswould definitely stay here againone night stayhiemartina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband was here for business, so the kids and I decided to go along for something to do. The room was very spacious for all four of us, with two queen beds, NOT fulls! I appreciated that very much. The location was great. Close to the highway and shopping. Plenty of different restaurants to choose from. We were only 20 minutes or so from the Dunes and also from the train station. The hotel was clean and quiet. The breakfast was hot and fresh, with plenty to choose from each morning. My kids had the pool to themselves. This was a nice place to stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lotsawags
Doug A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello lotsawags,

It's great to hear you and your family had such a great stay with us. I'm sure having you and the kids tag along made your husband's trip a lot better!

I hope you all had a good time at the Dunes too, we've had some perfect beach weather lately!

See you next time you're in Valpo,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed for one night for a short nights sleep on our way to New York. We checked in after midnight but it was quick and easy. Front desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. Location was a little off the beaten path, but not too far at all from the Hwy. 80. The room was nice sized, very new looking, and clean. Nice beds and bedding, new flatscreen t.v. The bathroom was the normal HI, however the water pressure in the shower wasn’t the greatest. Breakfast in the morning was great, with a good sized breakfast room and t.v. No complaints at all and if ever by again we would stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Doug A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello trs333,

Thanks for staying with us on your way to New York! We try our best to maintain a clean and fresh-looking property and it's feels great when our guests notice.

I apologize for the water pressure not being as good as you expected, we will definitely take a look at fixing that issue.

I hope all is well in The Empire State and that we see you again on your way back!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

When i first found out I had to stay in Valparaiso, IN for a month to do a rotation for my PharmD program, I wasn't VERY excited. I come from a big city and this was a pretty small town to me! Being without my family , I figured I would be dying to go back home!

Let me just start by saying, I have been gone for 2.5 weeks and I miss being here very much! The staff here is wonderful and NOTHING is ever a "No problem" it's a "my pleasure" and they will do anything to make sure your stay is wonderful. Within the first 2 days I was greeted by name by the staff (day or night) and felt like I was home.

Every morning I went to the breakfast bar and Martina was GREAT! I cannot have anything pork and she always offered to make me turkey sausage (which I would never expect or even ask anyone to go out of their way to do)! They are so accommodating its unbelievable. I truly miss my mornings with Martina!

Margaret also was wonderful. She asked me every morning how I was doing, if I needed anything and also was there when I had any questions. She truly understands customer service and never makes you feel as if you are a bother.

I could go on and on about everyone at this specific Holiday Inn. I was asked by my rotation site/employer - In Touch Pharmaceuticals- How my stay was and if it was somewhere I felt that they could keep sending our employees too and of course I said ABSOLUTELY! I'm excited that we will be keeping the Holiday Inn Express as our GO TO hotel!

Thank you all so much for my going away after a month of living with all of you flowers and card. The flower arrangement was perfect being fake flowers because I now keep them as a center piece on my table and remember all of you!

I hope for big snow storms in the winter now so that all of us at In Touch will be staying with you!! :) ... it's not often that people do not mind big snow storms.. but if it means us staying with all of you.. it doesn't bother me one bit!

Thank you all again for making me feel at home, welcoming me and being so wonderful! I couldn't of received a better hotel to stay at!

Hope to come back to the area soon and of course I will be staying here!! :)

-Stephanie

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie J
Margaret L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Stephanie:

Thank you so much for giving us such a nice review! Doug shared your comments with the team and it was so nice to hear. We truly enjoyed having you here and am so appreciative of you sharing your positive comments with your company as well. It was so much fun to see you racing by my office every morning and catching up on our days. I know it must be nice to be back home with your family, but we all miss you and look forward to you staying with us again soon. Good luck with your travels and keep in touch!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Second time staying while visiting Valpo. Very nice, friendly staff. Quick, efficient check in. Gave us a choice of first or second floor which was nice. Breakfast was standard fare - pretty good. Beds were comfy, rooms were clean. Only minor complaint would be the air conditioners cutting on and off all night at the wall units. All in all a nice choice. We would stay here again especially if they honor Valpo family discounts.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello OHcampers,

Thanks for staying with us again while you were in Valpo! It's always nice to hear about our guests arriving to a friendly presence at the front desk and a nice, clean room to sleep in.

I'm really sorry about the air conditioner intermittently cutting on and off though. During the summer months the hotter nights can lead to the units having to cycle more to keep a constant temperature. We just finished a thorough cleaning of all of our units so they should be operating at peak efficiency now!

I hope you had a nice visit with your family and look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am a Gold member and front desk thanked me for my loyalty. I was a little sad they didn't have the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. I was told that because it was a busy weekend with so many kids, that they chose not to put them out. After a 3 hour car ride I was really looking forward to having a cookie. Oh well.

Our room was clean, TV worked, breakfast was your standard HIE offering. Front desk staff was nice and helpful. Hotel grounds were well kept and clean. Biggest complaint if I had to come up with one was the shower head. Absolutely the worst. I am totally cool with hotels being 'green' and saving energy, water, etc. But please don't do it at the expense of your guests comfort. I had a hard enough time getting shampoo out of my guy hair, for women, good luck...Plenty of hot water though which was nice. Just needs a lot more pressure. Room 228 had a nice view of trees and other greenery.

Overall I am giving 4 stars. If I return to the Dunes I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erik V
Margaret L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you being such a loyal guest. Our apologies for not having the cookies out. We realize how much our guests enjoy them. We look forward to have you as our guest the next time you are in the Valparaiso area.