“Worst Service Experience Ever”
Review of Inn at Aberdeen

Inn at Aberdeen
Ranked #2 of 2 Valparaiso B&B and Inns
Disney, Orlando, Florida
“Worst Service Experience Ever”
Reviewed 21 November 2007

I see there are some decent reviews of the place below. But things must have changed. Maybe there are new owners. But, I would suggest that if you wanted to be treated with a smidgen of respect and dignity-stay very far away!

If you're interested in knowing what it's like to live under the roof of a dictator, this would be a good place for you. It is a really nice place. It is unfortunate that the people there ruined the experience for us. We had a wedding at the Aberdeen. Everything was great except for our stay at the inn. Our party guests were harassed, embarassed, yelled and belittled for some amazing things. We ran out of towels in our room. When I asked for more, the innkeeper told me that I already had towels in my room. I didn't need anymore!

We ran out of toiler paper in our bathroom. When I asked for another roll, the innkeeper grumbled at me and disappeared before coming back with 3 half used rolls for me to have.
Sure, there is cheesecake and pop in the fridge, but beware if you have to be around when the refill it.

Breakfast was good one day, not so good the next. Small portions as well. No seconds.

My 70 year old mother in law was YELLED at for filling a bottle of milk from the fridge for our baby when it was already cleared earlier in the evening.
My aunt was 55 year old aunt was YELLED at for taking ice up to her room.
Yes, they run a tight ship here.
When I relayed my concerns to the owners they wrote a brief letter basically saying that is how things have to be done, sorry about your luck.
That's fine if that's how they want to do business. I won't begrudge them. I just won't take my dollars there if I am going to belittled like that. That was by far the worst service I've experienced at any overnight hotel, motel, bed breakfast, etc... They will also do their best to nickel and dime you on your bill so beware on that one as well.

• Liked — neat house
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank abbygayle65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 10 July 2005

My husband and I stayed at this quaint Inn for two nights in July. There are so many good things to say I hardly know where to start. The place is immaculate and the ambiance can not be matched. We felt so welcomed. We sat in a gazebo covered in twinkle lights, eating cheesecake they left in a fridge for us and watched the fireflies! How can you beat that??? Our room was spacious and the bed was the most comfortable I've had away from home. The Jacuzzi tub wasn't so loud that you couldn't have a conversation (which we've had at other establishments) and didn't take long to fill with hot water. We didn't hear the other guests through the night. We enjoyed the complimentary pops and treats while we watched movies in our room another night. The breakfasts looked like they came from a magazine and the dining room was just as beautiful. We came from Utah for an escape and found it in the Inn at Aberdeen. Whether for a wedding, anniversary or one of their fun nights of mystery.. I don't doubt everyone will love the Inn at Aberdeen.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank Kara S
West Lafayette, IN
Reviewed 5 August 2004

After our wedding at Aberdeen Manor, we walked to the Inn. It was just lovely. The room was beautiful. The garden tub was heavenly. Breakfast was exquisite. Everything was magical.

Valparaiso is a lovely little town. Of course, having grown up there, I'm biased. If you happen to find yourself in the area, you can't go wrong at the Inn.

• Stayed May 2001
4 Thank Amy413
Jarrell, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2004

This inn is a little more expensive than most B&Bs, but you get what you pay for. Wonderful king-sized vaulted four-post bed, spacious bathrooms with a two-person whirlpool tub (bubble bath and herbal bath provided), and a gourmet breakfast. We came in late and found soda, coffee, tea, and fantastic cheescake waiting in the fridge in the downstairs sitting area. A lovely time.

3 Thank mdiv2001
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2003

My husband and I stayed at the Aberdeen on our wedding night. I absolutely loved the place. Everything was exquisite. My mother booked the room for us. Our room was beautiful. The place was spotless, smelled wonderful, the Jacuzzi was great, the breakfast was wonderful, the gift basket (ordered by my mother) was overflowing with mementos and treats, the staff were extremely nice. I really enjoyed my night there and would recommend the Inn at Aberdeen to anyone.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2002

The Inn at Aberdeen is the best place for a romantic & relaxing get away. The decor is beautiful all over the inn. As soon as you walk in you feel relaxed. The aroma of sweet potpourri or bread baking is what you notice first. I was a little hesitant about staying in a B&B because I heard about shared bathrooms and meals, etc. This place totally eased my worries. The suites are large, private, and very comfortable, as well as beautiful. Everything is top quality from the bed linens, to the bath towels and robes, jacuzzi, fireplace, and don't forget the food! They provide evening snacks and beverages in the solarium (no extra charge). We've had chocolate cake, deep dish apple pie, and cheesecake on the three occasions that we've been there. All delectable!! Breakfast is always wonderful and filling.
One of the best things about the inn is the gift baskets available for an additional fee, but well worth the money. Very reasonably priced and over-flowing with goodies. You decide what to put in it...perfect for any special occasion. I could go on and on. Don't miss a chance to experience this place!!!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
#4 of 5 in Chesterton

Been to Inn at Aberdeen? Share your experiences!