“Free upgrade but a little noisy”

Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here recently for a business trip. The staff at check in was friendly and kind enough to offer me a free upgrade to a spa room. The property is not your typical courtyard Marriott but it was clean and fit in well with the surrounding area. Although my room was spacious, due to the spa tub being in the bedroom there was just a very small shower stall in the bathroom. My only real issue, though, was that I could hear everything in the hallway and the room above me. Not sure is this is typical of the entire property or just my room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time and providing feedback for your stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff made a good impression on you. I do apologize for the noise however, this is not typical for the property. We did have a couple of baseball teams at the time so that might have been the issue but I'll make sure I follow up with the team to ensure we are more proactive in those occasions. I appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon.
Warm Regards,
Stan

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We were walk-in guests late one night recently and were quickly given a room with two double beds (not Queen size). The room was smaller than most rooms we are accustomed to stay in, but met our needs. We were disappointed to find that breakfast is not included -- a full breakfast buffet is available in the hotel, but for an extra $6.95.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Timothy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Valparaiso. I'm pleased the room met your needs. Our property offers rooms with one king bed and two double beds and we also offer a bed and breakfast package wich is usually just additional $5 and includes complimentary breakfast for up to two people. I really appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the future.
Warm Regards.
Stan Iliev, General Manager

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is a standard Courtyard Marriott. It was clean and comfortable. It was nothing special but I have nothing negative to say either. It is in close proximity to the airport which was good for me. The rooms are spacious and the bed was fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I appreciate the compliments regarding the cleanliness of the property and I'm glad the location is convenient for your needs. We value your business, and are grateful for the feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

we had reservations for 2 days for our honeymoon and prepaid for it..The 2nd day we were there we checked our bank acct and was charged an extra 50.00...we were told the that it was " in case we rented a movie or such"..Thank goodness we had it in our bank acct or we would have been overdrawn!...they said it would go back on our acct , but still....they should have told us about this!!..otherwise...the staff was very nice . breakfast was good..rooms are out dated.but..very clean...but due to being "temporarily" charged...we will not be going back

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Not only did we host a wedding shower party here, but it was a last minute change as well. The staff was so helpful and open about having us host this special celebration here, it was a fabulous time! When it came time to the wedding, the entire bridal party and most of the guests stayed at this hotel as well. I cannot say enough great things about the staff at the Courtyard. They were so accommodating. Our wedding pictures were supposed to be taken outside in town, but with pouring rain coming down that day, that was no longer an option. The staff came to me (the bride) to make sure I was doing alright, they asked if I needed anything, or if they could be of assistance making phone calls to the florist, photographer, etc. about the changes due to the weather. They gave us fantastic photo ideas and let us use the main staircase for pictures; they turned out great! Wonderful accommodations with excellent service & staff. Highly, recommend the Courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Ruth H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in and tell us about the amazing experience you had at the Courtyard Valparaiso. I am so pleased to hear that you and your wedding party were able to be accomodated by our staff during the changes that needed to be made due to the weather conditions present during your wedding. We very much appreciate your feedback and will be sharing with our entire staff. Congratulations on your wedding and thank you again!

Ruth Hoover

Reviewed 29 January 2013

This review is long OVER due busy with travels and still have 10 more reviews to write; that said like title states I was there with my buddies for ND vs. Stanford game and it was a stressful game for me to watch along with the SH*** weather, but was happy to see that ND pulled off the victory.

PRO:

Well on to the my experience with hotel. room was average came with your basic essentials. customer service was good. and Breakfast and services was above par.

CONS:
I will say that rooms here get pricier when ND football season is going and if you planning on taking the Economic route and have 3 stay to a room best reserve a pull out bed for them to get you, here is the other bad part about that, they will charge you $25.00 for roll out bed. I feel if you are a frequent member of there chains it should be supplied as a courtesy.

other than that is the only negative thing I can say about my stay there.

Room Tip: reserve a pull out bed if you more than 2 are staying in room but prepared to pay. rooms are more ex...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in about your experience here at the Courtyard Valparaiso. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room during your visit to the Notre Dame game, as well as enjoying breakfast while you were here. I am not sure why you were charged $25 for a rollaway, as we do not have rollaways available in our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to resolve that issue. We do, however, have pull out sofa sleepers in our King rooms to take the place of not having rollaways available. Thank you again for your feedback and I am glad you were able to enjoy the game!\

Ruth Hoover

Reviewed 25 January 2013

My daughters and I stayed there for over 8 months, after our home sold. What started out as an intended two week stay, evolved into over 8 months. This is the Hotel with Heart. <3 When I initially began calling around and going around to find a safe, clean, and comfortable place for my daughters and I, the people at Marriott went above and beyond expectations to help accommodate us. I will never forget their kindness and concern in helping us.

While living there, again, they all went above and beyond expectations to help us feel "at home". They were wonderful with my children, and encouraged us to enjoy the other common areas of the Hotel, so we wouldn't have to feel confined to our room. Now, we look at the employees there as friends. They succeed at being genuine and hospitable.

The Hotel was exceptionally clean! In all that time, we didn't have any problems. Their housekeeping employees are very thorough and friendly. Their breakfast staff, again, very helpful and friendly. The same goes for the front desk staff and management. They all pay attention to detail, and are quick to offer service.

Our experience was very pleasant, and the people there will always hold a very special place in my heart. <3 What I add in closing to ALL of the employees there....Well Done!

Room Tip: We were actually there prior to to date choices. I just clicked on the last one at the bottom, since...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso? Share your experiences!