“secluded retro motel--very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moon-Lite Motel

Moon-Lite Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Versailles
Moon-Lite Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Versailles
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“secluded retro motel--very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The place is small (owner came out in the middle of the night to unlock office to rent me the room), and is definitely reminiscent of the past. The room was very comfortable. New air conditioner, wall to wall carpet, in -room refrigerator, and amazingly comfortable bed. Bathroom in my unity was full sized with old-world tile floor and ceramic walls and had a shower head extension. My car was not six floors down across from some other wing--it was parked six feet from my door, next to a recessed porch with park benches. The motel is about a one minute walk from a new McDonalds and a large convenience store. I was glad to find the place, and if I need to be in Versailles Indiana again, (which is likely) I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Thomas L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Centerville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

The best thing about this place was the Moonlite sign. Room was tiny, bathroon even tinier. Me knees had to fit under the sink to use the toilet! We were booked for two nights but stayed only one! The door to the room was a fight to unlock. We are not very picky, but this was too much for even us. Everything was right out of the 1950's...shades of Psycho!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rosegarnet
New Albany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stay at the Moon-Lite once a year, and agree with the person who said it's a good, cheap place to stay. I love those old L-shaped motels, and don't expect them to be up to Holiday Inn standards. I'll be staying there again in a few weeks, and the atmosphere at the Moon-Lite is part of what I look forward to on this trip.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Teresa F
Greenfield, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

A nice clean place to stay thats safe, quiet, and at 36 bucks a night has wireless internet, a fridge, a microwave, and wonderful personalized service from the manager and staff...really what is there to complain about ? That guy that went on and on about how bad it is and gave it a one star...please are you kidding me? What a spoiled brat....I live pretty far from here, however work nearby and have stayed at this motel at least twice a week for the past three months and its been a wonderful experience. The first guy that gave it a one and complained about it being a dump must be one spoiled idiot that has a butler and has been given everything he has ever wanted since birth. Yes, it is an older establishment however personally I think it gives it character, the rooms are always clean and do not smell like that one guy stated...he must be smelling his own feet or breath.

I am a professional and have enjoyed staying here. I sleep like a rock there, the beds are comfortable, and its so quiet. The people that run this small place are wonderful, and if you need anything they are on it. I usually stay in room 8 with a microwave, one night I had to take a different room and found it didnt have a microwave. I mentioned something and by the time I went to the dollar store and mcdonalds, I came back and they had already put in a microwave for me and I wasnt even complaining...lol. At 36 a night, i think this place is a bargain and I look forward to staying here twice a week for the continued future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank Jeff R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

This place is a dump. Rooms are smelly and outdated. Place hasnt been updated in like 40 years. Furniture is stained and stinks like urine. I suggest driving an extra 20 miles and avoid this nasty place. I do NOT recommend.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank frogger1166
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

The moon lite was awesom, nice room, quiet surroundings and a great atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank mimikay1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Versailles
Baymont Inn & Suites Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express Greensburg
Comfort Inn Batesville
Comfort Inn Batesville
#2 of 2 in Batesville

Been to Moon-Lite Motel? Share your experiences!