“Unbelievable 5 Star Experience”

Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wabash B&B and Inns
Wabash, Indiana
“Unbelievable 5 Star Experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Herrold on Hill offers above and beyond excellent service and accommodations. The comfort and elegance of the rooms are incredible. Breakfast will amaze you! I stayed two nights and each morning I was greeted with an outstanding meal. Alan & Sandy (caretakers of the B&B) prepared breakfast from items freshly purchased at the local farmers market. Presentation and taste left you wanting more! Their culinary talents are rare and exquisite!

The reason for my stay was a two night get away with two high school friends I hadn't seen in 15 years. From the moment we pulled into the drive until the moment we left, we were pampered beyond belief. The king size bed had high quality sheets and bedding. The victorian decor and high-end antiques is tastefully executed and ads to the unique experience this B&B has to offer. The complimentary shower toiletries and towels were high quality. The location of Herrold on Hill lends itself nicely to the historic shopping district of downtown Wabash.

We enjoyed coffee on the screened in patio where myself and long-time high school friends were able to chat away the morning hours.

If you are making a trip to North Eastern Indiana and are looking for an over night stay that will NOT disappoint then I encourage you to choose Herrold on Hill. You will want to return again and again or you may not ever want to leave.

Room Tip: The home is very well insulated. If you plan on coming and going often during your stay, I would re...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I recently traveled back to my hometown to attend a high school reunion. I was so pleased that I chose to stay at Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast. Alan and Sandy are consummate hosts. Sandy set a beautiful table (notice candles are lit, even for breakfast) and Alan fixed exquisite breakfast entrees both days.

My room was on the bottom floor. I was a little concerned about noise, but it was very quiet. All of the rooms throughout the house are nicely furnished with beautiful antiques and provide a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.

This is definitely the place I will stay whenever I return to my hometown. Thank you Alan and Sandy for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PeacefulSanctuary
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stunning home in the heart of Wabash! Clean, comfortable and beautifully styled rooms. Gourmet food (ask about the ribs...best ever!) and five-star service from our amazing hosts! Loved everything, from our sleep number bed to our round window bathroom! You should definitely plan a stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We just returned from our stay at Herrold on Hill. What a treat! We were able to park our car near an entrance which is a real boon for unloading. After being shown to our room, we were given a tour of the house as we were the earliest guests for the day. Built in 1885, the home exudes years of care given to its upkeep. It is immaculate in every way. There is even a butler pantry with granite countertops for guests to make a cup of coffee and a fridge to store their own wine. The tour of the rooms and baths let us realize each room is unique and especially comfy. There are many original fireplaces, each with a beautifully carved mantle and tiles. On this summer evening we enjoyed sitting on the screened porch and being served tea and a homemade chocolate truffle. I must mention that the host is a gourmet chef and proved his skills at breakfast with truffled eggs with a dilled hollandaise sauce, freshly smoked Alaskan salmon, a special French toast with fresh strawberried and creme fraiche. It was all a gorgeous experience!!

Room Tip: The Red Room we had was on the main floor; other rooms are upstairs - no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hobart, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Wonderful!!! The home was beautiful breakfast was amazing! Super good! I cannot thank our host enough they were super! I highly recommend. Looking forward to going with family. The area was as nice as the home. Good history and nature. Convient to walk, up hill was good exersice and fun.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Lisa H
Auburn, IN
Reviewed 22 May 2013

A fantastically relaxing experience was ours at Herrold on Hill B & B, from the beauty of the awesomely decorated house (the place should be a museum), to the comfort and conveniences of our bed and bath for the night, the close proximity to local attractions, the sinuous conversation with our hosts, to the breakfast fit for royalty, our stay was as perfect as it gets. Thanks for an excellent 'get away from the ordinary' vacation.

P.S. I forgot my camera on this trip, or I would add a photo of the sumptious breakfast we were served. Other 'foodies' out there - this is an experience you don't want to miss!

Room Tip: There is no bad room in this bed and breakfast - count your blessings if you get a reservation at th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wabash
Charley Creek Inn
#2 of 5 in Marion
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#3 of 4 in Huntington

Been to Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!