“A good value”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Warren
Newark, New York
“A good value”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a cheap motel at around midnight and found a coupon for Huggy Bear. It was a bit out if our way but the reviews were good and the price was right so we stopped in. Room was clean and comfortable but a little shabby. Still, for the money, it was fine for a sleep and go!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mancelona, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Traveling home from Louisiana, we needed a place to sleep. We saw the sign on the highway and decided this was a convenient location to stop. The room looked and smelled CLEAN. The access to/from the interstate was easy. Given the proximity to the highway, we were pleasantly surprised by the quietness of the room. If we are ever in the area again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue P
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My friend and I were recently driving north from Fairmount and being late in the day needed a place to stay. I saw the sign along the highway and called, she said only $40, I said ok. Figured for that price it woud be sleazy like a Motel 6 or Dollar hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice layout, single level, ice machine, clean smelling and looking rooms. When I was checking out the new owner was asking what I thought, think they just bought this place recently, i told him I looked under the bed and it looked a bit dirty, but I know from his resonse he was sincere about making this right too. The next night staying up by Michigan city I was wishing we had driven back to this place instead. Paid more money for a total crapola at Dollar hotel.

The Huggy Bear is a VERY nice place, I would say stay here rather than driving on for an extr hour or two, you'll be happy here for the price for sure!!!

Room Tip: I don't think this place had a swimming pool or fitness center, didn't see one if they did.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank David Z
Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Huggy Bear Bear Motel. I was skeptical about staying because of the low price. I was pleasantly surprised about how nice and clean the room was. The staff was very nice and was very helpful with my questions as where to eat and directions to where I needed to go. I will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Marion
Motel 6 Markle
Motel 6 Markle
#2 of 2 in Markle

Been to Huggy Bear Motel Warren? Share your experiences!