“A Cheers place”

Ranked #23 of 92 Restaurants in Warsaw
Warsaw, Indiana
“A Cheers place”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

...We've lived in the Warsaw area for a number of years but have never eaten at the Downtown Eatery - in fact, we did not know it existed. We generally reserve Friday nights for trying restaurants in the area and in looking at locations of restaurants in Warsaw, I ran across this restaurant and we decided to try it.
...This was a good choice as this is a good restaurant both with respect to food and ambiance. You are reminded of the Cheer's restaurant and you half expect a mail carrier to walk in as the Post Office is nearby. People walking in were frequently greeted by other guests or by the servers. A young man was behind the bar and he greeted most everyone as well as served drinks. We watched as couples walked in and in 4 cases, went to tables where other couples were waiting for them.
...Most people talked with other people as they walked in and one man who walked in with his wife saw someone he had not seen for some time and gave him a welcoming hug. A trio of workers sat in a booth and enjoyed some beer from the tap. A couple of men did some business at a table while having a drink. Others walked in and went to an outside eating area to dine with their friends.
...Of course, you go to a restaurant to eat and here we were not disappointed although there was a serving hiccup. We are not heavy eaters so we generally do not order full meals. I had a Stromboli and my wife had a tuna plate. Both were quite good although the tuna, which was supposed to be warm, was cold. After a few bites, I convinced my wife to tell the waitress who responded immediately and within a few minutes, my wife had a correctly prepared dish.
...The menu is sufficiently varied so that most people should be satisfied. Usually, when you are given a check, you are asked if you want dessert. While we rarely succumb, no such question was asked. When we asked if desserts were available, we were told that there is no set dessert menu and there frequently are no desserts because the demand is low. Part of this may be because this is an over 21 restaurant/bar and probably the adults either are full or they simply have another drink.
...All in all, I think that most adults would find this a pleasant place to eat and enjoy their meals or drinks.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank oldanalyst

Rochester, Indiana
“More than meets the eye for this one”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a quint quality lunch spot by day and a good starting point for a night out on the town. I like to do lunch here if I have the time to sit and relax for a moment. This isn't to say they are slow, it is just a nice place to sit down and enjoy a meal or drink with friends. I knew immediately when I got out of the car and walked across the street what I was having for lunch, a big juicy burger. I knew this because I walked in the back entrance which has an exhaust fan from the kitchen blowing into the alley/parking lot, and it was blowing the smell of char grilled burgers. I will warn you if you come in the back door watch your step! It wasn't too busy on this visit, you seat yourself, and the bartender will take your order. They had some specials, but my mind was already made up, burger and fries for me, medium rare, american cheese, bacon, grilled onions, and dill mayo. Hmmm Hmmm To be honest I don't even remember what my wife ordered, more than likely a chicken sandwich of some type. The Chicago Beef is a solid choice as well, I've had this many times. This is a full service bar, with plenty of beer choices and any spirits you might desire. This is definitely a place to check out for lunch and for your evening adventures in Warsaw.

• Visited February 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place to eat in Warsaw, IN”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Great location in downtown Warsaw; big menu with different types of food options. My beef open faced sandwich was delicious. The staff was very friendly and kept my drinks full. If I travel through Warsaw again for work, I would definitely eat her again.

• Visited August 2013
Winona Lake, Indiana
“The best food in Warsaw......period.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This isn't just bar food friends. Take your pick: super special apps like the baja dip or baja quesadilla, great salads (try the house salad), amazing sandwiches (the Kaiser is Warsaw's signature sandwich), kick [--] pizza, prime rib, homemade soups, killer wings and the best selection of beer in Warsaw. The staff will remember your drink if you frequent often enough....the menu is robust enough to eat for weeks and always have a new option.
Leave your food snob attitude at home and pig out on arguably the best food in town.

• Visited August 2013