“Not bad, but could be better”
Review of Hampton Inn Warsaw

Hampton Inn Warsaw
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed at the Hampton in Warsaw, IN for four nights in August 2011. This is a typical Hampton, nothing particularly good or bad about it. The attraction oft this hotel is the location; there are several restaurants within walking distance including Bennigans, Noa Noa and Spikes. The breakfast was ok. The stafff was ok. Seemed short-staffed.

When I was there there were a bunch of kids using the pool this seemed to make the front desk manager upset, but didn't bother me. One of things I noticed was that there are no refrigators in the room, this is something that they have at other Hamptons and at the Holiday Inn Express in Warsaw that makes a longer stay more comfortable. The other thing I noticed was that closet doors don't have anything preventing them from slamming into the bathroom door frame, one could easily break the mirror on the door.

Some of the restaurants in the area that I recommend are: The Boathouse at Winona Lake, Noa Noa is good, but pricey, if you like volley ball, check out Spikes Beach Grill adjacent to Noa Noa. Mad Anthony's in town was good. The Deli and Starbucks at Martin's grocery was good, Brown Bag Deli was also good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 October 2010

As someone who stays in Hampton Inns all over the country quite often, this was a real disappointment.

Check in:
Took all of 45 seconds (who needs polite niceties, when you can just slam someone into a room?). When I requested late check out--not unusual for HHonors Diamond guests traveling for work--the desk agent repeatedly told me how inconvenient it be for them, how they're so new (no idea what that had to do with anything), and that they'd prefer I bring my luggage to the front desk where I could unpack/repack it after my noon meeting the next day. Huh???

The room:
1. For a top floor king, the room was quite small. There's no luggage rack, which means you must use the padded bench at the end of the bed for your bags--the only place to sit, other than at the desk, since the room is missing an armchair or loveseat.

2. There's an ethernet jack in the wall at the desk, but it's been disconnected now that non-secured wireless is available. For those of us who travel for business and need secure networks, this is a problem. If you need a secure connection, the only place to get it is downstairs, in the business office.

3. The walls are paper thin. I initially thought the rooms were quiet...until my neighbor arrived home at 12:45 a.m. He made a phone call, every word of which I could clearly make out--and he wasn't speaking in a raised voice. Thank goodness he didn't turn on the TV, or it would have been a long night for me.

Front desk service:
When asking for restaurant recommendations, I was given exactly one--a questionable looking spot behind the hotel. I asked if there were other options and was told "No, I'd go there, but you better hurry to get a spot" (it was all of 5:50 p.m.). Instead, I opted to ask others outside the hotel, and found there were several alternatives, all of which sounded better.

The bill:
A mysterious $4.50 charge appeared on my bill for a local phone call, made at a time I wasn't even on the property, according to the time stamp. When I called the front desk to question the charge, I was (not surprisingly) met with resistance. Finally, the desk called me back to say they'd remove the charge, although her attitude made it clear she was doing me a favor.

The excuse:
Every single time an issue arose, the excuse was "We're brand new." Well folks, according to date stamps on reviews here, you've been around since 2007. Even if the renovation was several months ago, that's NO excuse for not having your act together or lacking in necessities...and never an excuse for poor attitudes or incorrect bills.

Typically, Hampton Inn stays are comfortable, the desk staff is welcoming, and the experience a positive one. This stay, however, was an exercise in frustration.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank RoadLifeChicago
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is a run of the mill Hampton. Clean, comfortable and you know what you are going to get.

Check in
We were in town for a tradeshow and I'm glad we checked in when we did. They were overbooked by 4 rooms and the front desk clerk told me they do this all the time. She said weekly they overbook.
We were not bumped but I'm sure some people were that checked in late.

Room
Regular room. they did "upgrade" me to the jacuzzi room but it made no difference to me because I never used it.

Bed
Again no problems and just like all the other Hampton's.

TV
Decent TV and decent amount of channels.

Bathroom
No problems with the hot water and I had a nice size bathroom.

Breakfast
Same as all the other places. There was a good amount of seating so that wasnt a problem.

Checkout
They had the bill under my door and I left at around 6am. Breakfast was already served so I was able to get something.

Parking
Free

Internet
Free with average speeds.

Overall
Its not bad. I'd be happy to spend the night again. There is a Bennigans across the street to get a beer. Also there is Charlies BBQ a few steps away. Good food but horrid service.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank morganrep
Reviewed 20 July 2008

We were very, very pleased with our recent stay. The hotel was only one year old, very clean, modern, new & beautiful. We have high standards and this hotel exceeded them. It was a wonderful experience. The breakfast was delicious and convenient, too.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DestyB
Reviewed 29 August 2007

This is a brand new hotel in Warsaw. Note that this Hampton property does not have suites and so all rooms are single room with one or two beds. Because the property is new, everything is clean and not worn yet which makes it a pleasurable experience. We did however, have some problems during our stay. After our first night, we left late morning and returned to our room late that night only to find that they never cleaned our room. When I reported this to the front desk, she apologized. We were exhausted from our long day, so I asked if she could at least provide us with clean towels so we could shower. She brought towels and shampoo to the room promptly and did offer to move us to another room. We were just too tired to pack all of our stuff and move, so we just stayed in the room without it being cleaned.

Also, beware of rooms on the top floor as several have flood lights that shine right into the window. We had one of these rooms and the curtains do block most of the light, but if you want to be able to look out your window at night, you will want to avoid the rooms on the top floor facing the parking lot.

Breakfast is average with the usual continental offerings, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal. Each day they do offer something hot. We had biscuits and gravy one day and french toast sticks and sausage the other day. If you want a high quality full breakfast, you will want to eat somewhere else. If you get by with just a bagel in the morning, this will be fine.

The beds were comfortable with white linens. Be aware that some pillows are soft and others firmer. We didn't discover this until the second night when we switched them all around and finally got comfortable.

The desk personnel were polite and helpful and check in was efficient. Given the limited choices in Warsaw, I would recommend this property even though we had a few problems.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank caseys
Reviewed 5 August 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Warsaw on Aug 1st in two rooms. This is a brand new hotel in Warsaw and is an excellent facility. They have a nice breakfast included with the room; when we stayed the "hot" special was biscuits and gravy as well as a fried egg. Overall the rooms were very large and the beds comfortable. In the rooms with two queens, we even had a choice of soft or firm pillows. An excellent place to stay in Warsaw!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2007

Great renovation. Rooms were very clean and very comfortable. Quiet hotel. Definately the best hotel in Warsaw.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warsaw
Wyndham Garden Warsaw
#2 of 3 in Columbia City
The Inn at Amish Acres
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 2 in Nappanee

Been to Hampton Inn Warsaw? Share your experiences!