“Not Family Friendly” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Warsaw
Indianapolis
“Not Family Friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed the weekend for a girl’s softball tournament. Check-In consisted of signing a notice about supervising your child; guess they assume all parents are bad. After playing games Friday evening and getting back around 9:00 PM the same employee walked the hallway instructing everyone about quite hours. Guess they didn't want the girls to use the pool that was open til 10:00. The accommodations are good but the experience was not. The other hotel employees working through the weekend were good. Guess they only want business travelers on the weekends so if you are attending a soccer or softball tournament, look at a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Larry M
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Warsaw, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting feedback. I do apologize that you felt overly supervised; however, in the past noisy individuals have made unpleasant stays for others. To keep the disturbances to a minimum for all our guests not just our business travelers, we were trying to offer polite reminders about noise levels. We are pleased you found your accommodations acceptable and that you had a good night’s rest for your tournament. Please bear with us as we try to balance everyone’s requirements and make the experience enjoyable for all.

Kathy Hisey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed here over 10 nights in the last three months. Front desk folks could not have been nicer. Free wireless internet and decent free breakfast. Small business center to use free internet and print stuff. Easly walk or short drive to many chain restauarants and basic shopping (in case you forgot something). Would not think about staying anywhere else when in the area.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn Warsaw, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear eliseivy.

I’m Kathy, GM at the hotel. Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad that you like our location and that our hotel was able to meet your business needs. Also, we are happy we made a good impression. Please let us know if there is anything that would make your trip more enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip. See you next time.

Kathy Hisey
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed here for 1 night on business and found this hotel to be average for a Hampton Inn. Check in was not as quick and smooth as I have come to expect from my experience at other Hamptons. The room was fine as well, however, it didn't feel as clean as I have come to expect for a Hampton either. Given the limited number of hotel options in the area I would consider staying here again but would look at other options as well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Danville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stay at this Hampton Inn each Fall when we attend a Festival in Northern Indiana. It is on the major highway, has shopping and restaurants around it. We have always found it to be very clean and well run. We enjoy the breakfast in the mornings and it is always well stocked and attended to. The pool area and hot tub could be attended to a little more, the hot tub seemed to need cleaning. But overall, a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed at the Hampton in Warsaw, IN for four nights in August 2011. This is a typical Hampton, nothing particularly good or bad about it. The attraction oft this hotel is the location; there are several restaurants within walking distance including Bennigans, Noa Noa and Spikes. The breakfast was ok. The stafff was ok. Seemed short-staffed.

When I was there there were a bunch of kids using the pool this seemed to make the front desk manager upset, but didn't bother me. One of things I noticed was that there are no refrigators in the room, this is something that they have at other Hamptons and at the Holiday Inn Express in Warsaw that makes a longer stay more comfortable. The other thing I noticed was that closet doors don't have anything preventing them from slamming into the bathroom door frame, one could easily break the mirror on the door.

Some of the restaurants in the area that I recommend are: The Boathouse at Winona Lake, Noa Noa is good, but pricey, if you like volley ball, check out Spikes Beach Grill adjacent to Noa Noa. Mad Anthony's in town was good. The Deli and Starbucks at Martin's grocery was good, Brown Bag Deli was also good.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

As someone who stays in Hampton Inns all over the country quite often, this was a real disappointment.

Check in:
Took all of 45 seconds (who needs polite niceties, when you can just slam someone into a room?). When I requested late check out--not unusual for HHonors Diamond guests traveling for work--the desk agent repeatedly told me how inconvenient it be for them, how they're so new (no idea what that had to do with anything), and that they'd prefer I bring my luggage to the front desk where I could unpack/repack it after my noon meeting the next day. Huh???

The room:
1. For a top floor king, the room was quite small. There's no luggage rack, which means you must use the padded bench at the end of the bed for your bags--the only place to sit, other than at the desk, since the room is missing an armchair or loveseat.

2. There's an ethernet jack in the wall at the desk, but it's been disconnected now that non-secured wireless is available. For those of us who travel for business and need secure networks, this is a problem. If you need a secure connection, the only place to get it is downstairs, in the business office.

3. The walls are paper thin. I initially thought the rooms were quiet...until my neighbor arrived home at 12:45 a.m. He made a phone call, every word of which I could clearly make out--and he wasn't speaking in a raised voice. Thank goodness he didn't turn on the TV, or it would have been a long night for me.

Front desk service:
When asking for restaurant recommendations, I was given exactly one--a questionable looking spot behind the hotel. I asked if there were other options and was told "No, I'd go there, but you better hurry to get a spot" (it was all of 5:50 p.m.). Instead, I opted to ask others outside the hotel, and found there were several alternatives, all of which sounded better.

The bill:
A mysterious $4.50 charge appeared on my bill for a local phone call, made at a time I wasn't even on the property, according to the time stamp. When I called the front desk to question the charge, I was (not surprisingly) met with resistance. Finally, the desk called me back to say they'd remove the charge, although her attitude made it clear she was doing me a favor.

The excuse:
Every single time an issue arose, the excuse was "We're brand new." Well folks, according to date stamps on reviews here, you've been around since 2007. Even if the renovation was several months ago, that's NO excuse for not having your act together or lacking in necessities...and never an excuse for poor attitudes or incorrect bills.

Typically, Hampton Inn stays are comfortable, the desk staff is welcoming, and the experience a positive one. This stay, however, was an exercise in frustration.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadLifeChicago
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is a run of the mill Hampton. Clean, comfortable and you know what you are going to get.

Check in
We were in town for a tradeshow and I'm glad we checked in when we did. They were overbooked by 4 rooms and the front desk clerk told me they do this all the time. She said weekly they overbook.
We were not bumped but I'm sure some people were that checked in late.

Room
Regular room. they did "upgrade" me to the jacuzzi room but it made no difference to me because I never used it.

Bed
Again no problems and just like all the other Hampton's.

TV
Decent TV and decent amount of channels.

Bathroom
No problems with the hot water and I had a nice size bathroom.

Breakfast
Same as all the other places. There was a good amount of seating so that wasnt a problem.

Checkout
They had the bill under my door and I left at around 6am. Breakfast was already served so I was able to get something.

Parking
Free

Internet
Free with average speeds.

Overall
Its not bad. I'd be happy to spend the night again. There is a Bennigans across the street to get a beer. Also there is Charlies BBQ a few steps away. Good food but horrid service.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank morganrep
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warsaw
Wyndham Garden Warsaw
#2 of 6 in Goshen
The Inn at Amish Acres
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 2 in Nappanee

Been to Hampton Inn Warsaw? Share your experiences!