“Not many choices in this area...”

Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Washington
Canfield, Ohio
“Not many choices in this area...”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

It's an older Holiday Inn - so you know what to expect. I was in the "President" Suite so I thought it would be above average....not the case.

The "kitchen" did not have any plates, plasticware.- so I had to raid the breakfast area.

The room was showing signs of wear - again to be expected in a older facility.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank beachbum330

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed here while on a business trip and it was nice, the front desk clerk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank tsublue
Owensboro Ky
Reviewed 11 October 2011

was charged over $400 for a 128 dollar room and motel refuses .. REFUSES to give back money taken off credit card... corporate customer service is useless and hang up on you

Room Tip: don't give the blonde ding dong your credit card
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dinkiecb
Valparaiso
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was our first visit to the Holiday Inn Express in Washington Indiana. Our room was ready when we arrived and was neat and clean
.Not so for my daughter who was in the room next door. Her waste baskets were full and a bunch of dead bugs were in the toilet.Apparently a hotel worker had worked on a light over the tub and poured the dead bugs in the the toilet and also a bunch of dirt in the tub.My other daughter had reserved the conference room but they had no record of it so they gave it to some one else.The desk clerk became very rude during the discussion with my
daughter.
The most disturbing thing to me was allowing people with bare feet into the breakfast area while people were eating.I find it hard to believe adults would walk around a hotel with bare feet.
I woud not stay there again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank PCMA
Portland, OR
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Hotel was clean and fresh. Breakfast was so-so. Washington is only 20mi away from Vincennes, and the HIE in Vincennes as $100 more expensive per night. For a $100 difference, I'll drive 20 miles. The cost of the HIE in Washington was $128/night, while the cost of an even nicer hotel in Indianapolis was $104.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank edselmurphy
Shepherd, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I returned to this Holiday Inn Express during a business trip to Washington, IN. On my previous stay I had found it to be a little "messy". As I checked in I was told that the hotel had overbooked! "Uh oh," I thought, "Here we go again!" But no! They put me up in the Presidential Suite. (The jacuzzi was awesome!) I only wish I had a few of my closest friends along with me to enjoy the place. The room was spotless as well. I could not get the fireplace to work but honestly, it was 97 degrees outside. I really didn't care. Now, here's a word to the wise: This place fills up very quickly due to construction going on in the area. Don't just think you can pop in on a Monday - Wednesday and a room will be available. You really should make reservations 1 - 2 weeks in advance. The staff here are always very nice. I will look forward to a return trip someday. Oh - by the way - I think that was the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank luckygreen
Shepherd, Michigan
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I am a single, female, business traveler. I checked into the Holiday Inn Express shortly before 3:00 p.m. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. When I got up to the third floor and headed down the hallway to my room I noticed a plate of breakfast food (sausage, eggs, etc.) and a bag of trash sitting outside one of the rooms. My room was mostly clean except one of the trash cans had not been emptied and someone had feasted in the desk chair leaving ample food particles. When I checked out in the morning, the same plate of breakfast food and bag of trash were still sitting in the hallway. Perhaps this was just a lapse in normally good standards but it unfortunately made an impression on me, and I'm sure on anyone who stayed on that floor. Overall though, I would still stay here again. I will just thoroughly check out my room before I make myself comfortable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank luckygreen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
Days Inn Jasper
Days Inn Jasper
#2 of 5 in Jasper

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana? Share your experiences!