“Great option in the area”

Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Washington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great option in the area”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel for the area. Fresh cookies and juice in the lobby in the evening was a nice treat and breakfast was ok. This day we had biscuits and gravy, eggs, cinnamon rolls, pancakes and all the usual continental breakfast fare. Our room on the third floor was quiet and clean. There is a small indoor pool and fitness area with some treadmills and other machines. Overall we had a nice stay. Ask for bottled water at check-in to keep in your fridge.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Definitely an older version of the brand. We've stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels, and this was not one of the best, but it was still OK. Staff was very helpful and polite. We got in around midnight, but the staff told us the pool was 24-hours despite what the sign said so our boys got to swim. Beds were decent but not as comfortable as the brand usually is. Beds were only doubles, not queens. Breakfast was good, according to my husband and 12-year-old son. If you book online, just say one adult. Since I chose two adults, I was charged $7 more than the stated price. I asked about it, and the night desk clerk told me that the online automatically charges $7 for another adult, though that is not the property's policy. She adjusted our rate. We stayed two nights. When we returned for our second night, our keys didn't work, but a quick trip back to the front desk got new ones for us. We gave them the room number and they asked for our name to verify. We will probably be staying here again as we have family in the area and this has easy access from the newly opened I-69.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor near the elevator and never heard anything.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Groveland, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were in Washington on business and stayed at this HIE and found everything very clean. They had cookies and fresh lemonade by the registration desk for their customers when we arrived. It was a nice compliment to the arrival experience. The staff was very friendly and even had suggestions for places to eat while in town.
The rooms were very clean and nice sized w/a great working area with plenty of plug ins for all of our computers and phones. We didn't have to run cords all over the place.
Another nice feature was breakfast was served from 5:30 every day. This made it real nice as we were leaving early Saturday morning and was able to be on the road by 6:30.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jmygolfforfun
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights on business and had a very enjoyable stay. This property is well maintained and better yet has an inviting entrance with indoor pool that is nice an warm (90). The staff is awesome, front desk including Connie and Jackie and others supported me during my business in the hotel conference room where I held a 2 day class. They kept the coffee going and attended to my every need. My room was well kept and I have no complaints about the standard HIE breakfast. I also spoke with the property manager and she definitely manages this property as if it were her own, takes pride in the hotel and her staff. I will stay here again for sure and you can rest assured I don't give 5 stars lightly.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Topdiamond
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have stayed at the Washington, IN Holiday Inn Express periodically for the last 13 years. I occasionally work at one of the area power plants and have found the Inn to be quiet, comfortable, and well maintained. There is always plenty of hot water. The complimentary lemonade and fresh baked cookies by the elevator are always welcome after a long drive to get to Washington (3 hrs) and the complimentary hot breakfast in front of the fireplace is a great way to begin my day. The desk staff is always cheerful and friendly. They actually act like they are happy to see me! There are plenty of nearby restaurants that are more than adequate for my tastes but if one requires more up-scale dining arrangements, Washington is just a short drive to other cities that can accomodate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dan b
Mooresville, IN
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We recently stayed here for one night and had a king suite. The rooms was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. There is an indoor pool that we did not use but was clean and well kept. We did not make it for the breakfast but the cookies were yummy and also the coffee was good. If we were in the area again we would stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear peyton0018,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great stay friendly staff, quality breakfast (if boring) the front desk was very helpful in helping me find my arround this remot area. The room was clean, well maintained and tastefully decorated. When work brings me back I will stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
Days Inn Jasper
Days Inn Jasper
#2 of 5 in Jasper

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana? Share your experiences!