Econo Lodge
US$65
Campus Inn(West Lafayette)
US$67
US$64
Union Club Hotel(West Lafayette)
US$140
US$200
ResidenceInn.com
US$109
Home2.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2007

We had a crisis in the family last weekend and had to go to Lafayette on a moment's notice. An hour from Indianapolis on Indy 500 weekend...good luck finding a hotel, right?
But I'm a longtime Choice Hotels loyalty member, so I called the 800# from the car and gave it a shot. The only room they had in town was at this Rodeway Inn, so we took it.
Arrived at the hotel around 3 am after driving for nearly 8 hours. Didn't look bad at all from the outside. However...The guy at the front desk--don't know if he was the night auditor or the manager or what, but he was completely incompetent. It took him at least 20 minutes to check us in. He asked for my phone number and wrote it on the registration card three different times. Finally he figured out whatever it was that was perplexing him and gave us room keys. We staggered to the room and collapsed exhausted into bed.
At four in the morning, the phone rang. It was the same guy, stating that the credit card had been declined. Which was impossible, but we had to remedy it RIGHT THEN or leave. So at 4am I'm forced to put on clothes and go back down to the lobby to see what's going on. Turns out he'd tried to charge the card I gave when I made the reservation. I knew that one didn't have enough of a balance on it, so when we checked in I gave a different card. He made an imprint of it and everything, but never bothered to change it in the computer, never bothered to check the computer versus the imprint (mistakes happen) before he called the room.
I worked my way through college and grad school working in hotels, and there is absolutely no excuse for calling a guest room at 4 am unless the building is on fire. We were staying for 3 nights, there was plenty of time to figure it out.
Except for that (-), the rest of the stay was uneventful. The room was ok, pretty typical for budget rate motel. Housekeeping was good. Didn't use the complimentary continental breakfast. The lady at check-out was great, very friendly and accomodating.
I wouldn't recommend this place based on our experience, but if you get there before midnight, maybe you won't have the problems we did.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Keegansmom
Reviewed 28 May 2007

We stayed at this property on May 11-12 while attending our son's graduation from Purdue. This is the second time we have stayed here, having tried several other motels in the West Lafayette area. It is by far the nicest one we have stayed at. The front desk staff is helpful, the staff very courteous, and the rooms are clean. While they did increase the rate to $99 per night for graduation weekend (and I made the reservations 8 months in advance), this was still a bargain rate compared to other places I heard about. The location is north of campus, but still a quick drive to Purdue. There was road construction going on, and while noise wasn't a problem it was a little tricky at times to turn left out of the motel. My only criticism is the breakfast buffet. They offered coffee, tea, juice, bagels and some donuts that seemed a little stale. I feel they could beef up the breakfast a little, especially at $99 per night. Having said that, I would definitely choose this motel again if I am in West Lafayette.

Stayed: May 2007