“Quick stay - hot shower”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
Bloomington, Indiana
“Quick stay - hot shower”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I've stayed at nice hotels and much worse. It is what you would expect from the name. It was cheap and had zero amenities. If you just need a cheap place to stay for the night and a hot shower while you are visiting Purdue the Econo Lodge will fulfill that need.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I'm a Purdue grad and brought some friends down for the Purdue v. Michigan football game. This hotel brought our weekend down a notch. I am ashamed that I graduated from a university that has businesses that are so cut throat and our only there to profit off the students families and friends that are borrowing money from banks for student loans. This hotel charged me $180 to hold a room that I NEVER CHECKED IN TO for the evening. I see the typical starting rate is $50 a night.... They charged me 3x that much just to RESERVE a room. What a lazy society we live in that individuals such as Jack Patel will charge 3x the going rate for a room he didn't have to lift a finger, oh wait he lifted his finger to press enter on his computer and charge my card $180!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank MikeMosher
DEFUNIAK SPRINGS
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this location, and will stay again. Very clean, good value, within walking distance of a Wendys and Taco Bell. Staff was very friendly and they were quick to help you with any thing you needed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rdaniel911
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were in area for graduation party..I made several reservations for family members which had to be changed more than twice. Staff were extremely helpful and considerate when calling them to change the reservations.. In addition when a hair dryer didn't work at 10:30 at night, staff found me one that did. Room was clean. For travelers it is just off interstate 65 which makes it convenient location.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel is old and worn BUT you can tell it's CLEAN. The staff was friendly and helpful. Location was good. Right off the highway. Gas station, Taco Bell and Mcdonald's were all right there. If you need a place to park your carcass for the night, it's a good deal.

• Stayed September 2011
Chicago
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The GM for this hotel (Jack) listed the room as $16.00 for the night. I made the reservation, it was secured via my credit card, and i got a confirmation stating that it was $18 after tax. When we arrived, Jack said that HE made an error and that we owed $160, not $16. Because there were other customers behind me waiting to check in, he let me go to the room, unpack, and then called 15 minutes later to kick me out. He said if I wouldnt pay extra I couldnt keep MY RESERVATION! He started making threats about how we had security cameras and was going to charge my credit card ("I already have your number on file!) if he saw me enter the hotel to crash with another guest. Now, I am traveling 3 hours out of town. Its football weekend. There are NO hotels. And I can't afford this insane $144 markup. SO, I am left to SLEEP IN MY CAR based on his error! Another guest in the lobby was as appauled as I was. He even admitted it was his mistake but still would not honor the reservation. I am dissgusted, absolutely disgusted at this "service"

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank ChicagoMarg
Reviewed 10 October 2011

bedbugs in room 122, stay away!!! And I saw the stuff just put bath towels on the floor in their cleaning room(after cleaned).............

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Prestige Inn
#6 of 7 in West Lafayette
Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette Wabash Landing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!