“Great location and good value- will stay again”
Review of Union Club Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Lafayette
Union Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed one night at the Union Club Hotel while visiting Purdue. We had a "family room", which is a room with a double and a twin, and an attached (very small) room with a double. The rooms were on the small side, but fully equipped, quiet and very clean. Great beds. The bathroom was midsized and also very clean. The hotel is attached to the Purdue Memorial Union, at the center of campus, and parking for hotel guests is across the street in a large structure. The hotel has a reasonably equipped fitness room, and a guest laundry, with supplies available at the desk.
We had a complimentary breakfast at the restaurant on the second floor of the Union- attractive and ample hot buffet, well organized, and open at 6.30 am. Other meal options are the fast food outlets in the Union but be aware they are not open late night. Many restaurants a two or three block walk into town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We really enjoyed staying at the Union Club Hotel at Purdue University. The rooms were clean and tasteful, the employees helpful, and good food was available at the Union and also the Hotel restaurant. I would look forward to staying here again. Carol Todd

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is located on the University grounds so it's very convenient. I was there for a cousin's wedding. The hotel is clean and the room was a very good size with 2 double beds. I give it only 4 stars since the elevators were quite a walk but other than that it's a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan Q
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for one night for business at Purdue. Arrived in the evening (after a long flight and drive to Purdue) and was disappointed that room service was not offered at night. Too tired to drive around and find something to eat (and the restaurants attached to hotel were closed), I went to bed hungry!

Room was on the small size, but adequate. One downside, I was put on the first floor, and students constantly were walking outside of my bedroom...till late hours of the night. Just an FYI if you're a traveler and prefer not to look out your window on to street level!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Union Club Hotel is on the Purdue University campus. We chose this hotel because it was close to where my daughter's cheerleading clinic was being held. The hotel offers free weekend parking in the parking garage right across the street, and because it's connected to the student union, there are several food places, as well as a Starbucks in the adjoining building's lower level. We were given a family room, which is located at the back of the hotel, where it is quiet. Our room, 276, was at the end of the hall, (which was a little bit noisy when people used the exit door there in the middle of the night) and consisted of a main bedroom with double and twin beds, and another bedroom with a double bed. Everything was very clean. The bathroom, while a little dated, was spotless, big, and the shower was awesome. The overall hotel décor is updated with dark colors, and dark wood. I felt like I was in a historical hotel in Boston or Chicago. The staff were students, but unlike other hotels I've stayed at on college campuses, these students were attentive, kind, helpful and very professional. This was the first hotel I've ever stayed at that didn't charge me for receiving a fax! And, because in my haste to get the girls to their cheerleading clinic, I left my phone charger in the room. But I called the hotel when I realized it, on our drive home, and within a few days, my charger arrived at my home, shipped for free! Thank you Alyssa in Housekeeping for finding it and tagging it for me! Awesome!

Room Tip: If you get a family room, the one we had at the end of hall might not be good for babies or small ch...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I arrived after 24 hours of travelling looking forward to dinner and sleep. However, I was 'greeted' by reception staff who were more interested in chatting amongst themselves than in doing their job. Paperwork was thrown onto the desk & I was given the impression that serving customers was just an inconvenience in their day. When I asked where the restaurant was, I was told I'd have to sort that out myself. Checking out was no more pleasant. There did not appear to be any managers about to make a complaint. The room itself was comfortable, but rather dated and small. Based on the room alone, this would be an adequate hotel, but until new receptionists are hired I cannot recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank HJWesterby
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stay here when we visit Purdue. Ideal location for visiting campus, easy access to the Union, short walk for food and drink, parking across the street. Rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable. Cleaning staff was accommodating with extra towels. Desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
#3 of 23 in Lafayette
Prestige Inn
Prestige Inn
#6 of 7 in West Lafayette

Been to Union Club Hotel? Share your experiences!