“A dive but good location”
Review of Campus Inn

Campus Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
Zumbrota, Minnesota
“A dive but good location”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

This place is quite a dive in poor shape. You would think you're back in the 60's. On the positive side, the beds were comfy and the location is perfect for Purdue activities.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Campus Inn, West Lafayette (formally the Travelodge back when I was on campus) while attending the SE Missouri State v Purdue game. On football weekends, the rooms are $99/nt & have a two night minimum. The rooms should be about $39/nt. The furniture and linens were very worn. The room lacked basic cleanliness. The only reason I didn't give this establishment a 1-star is its proximity to campus and Chauncey Hill/Levee area businesses. With the recent re-development of Wabash Landing, it's amazing that the property has not been purchased and this out-dated motel knocked down.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these West Lafayette hotels

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel one night while we visited the Purdue campus. The only positive thing I can say is that the person at the front desk when we checked in was very nice, helpful, and friendly. We knew we were only going to be there 10-12 hours at most, so we were looking for a bargain option, but wished we had paid more to stay elsewhere.

The room was filthy, stifling hot as the A/C had been turned off, and smelled! We were both nervous to sleep on the bedding, and stripped off everything but the sheets. The towels were threadbare, and the bathroom was disgusting, with mildew and rotting tiles in the shower. Beds were saggy too! WiFi was not working either. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pmcolorado
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Its bare bones if you are on a budget and need a bed and shower you might be happy here. It is a bit sketchy and too late to cancel my reservation. Don't use the free wifi. I got a virus on my computer that I couldn't get off and had to get professional help to resolve. The carpet was really gross as was the shower curtain and bed spread.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Molly5605
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We have stayed in this hotel many times since 2005 (when it was known as the Econo Lodge). The latest stay was from 16th to 20th Deceber 2010. As usual, the owners (Mr. Frank Desai & Mrs. Desai) and Mr. Bruce at the front office were warm and welcoming. Because of the intense cold there (-16°C on some days) they put in an extra heater in our room which was very welcome indeed. They also provided us a microwave oven as soon as we asked for it. All this for no extra charge at all. In addition, there is ample parking, free breakfast and help with excellent directions to local places like supermarkets. We will stay here again if we go there. We strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank indianguy
Bedford, NH
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Great location for the price. I walked to the University in 5 minutes. Rooms were with basic amenities, but clean. At last used wi-fi at the hotel which actually works in first attempt. Staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank HillBrookMotel
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 7 August 2010

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would have liked to give it zero stars but this was not an option listed above.
Here are some of the problems with my room (I am not joking here).
1. Toenail clippings in my bed
2. Bugs on my pillow
3. The room was filthy, stained sheets and pillows
4. The bathroom was dirty and there was someone else's hair in the tub
5. The room smelled of mould
6. The appliances were so dirty I was afraid to use them.

I would NEVER recommend that anyone stay here unless you want to get bed bugs or crabs.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
#5 of 7 in West Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#3 of 23 in Lafayette

Been to Campus Inn? Share your experiences!