“I stayed there 3 weeks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Campus Inn

Campus Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
Wonju, South Korea
“I stayed there 3 weeks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was a student at Purdue University, I stayed there 3 weeks before I left U. S. At that time, I needed a place close to the university. It takes 15-20 minutes only to my lab.

The room was cozy, clean, and neat. What I really liked was the location. There are many restaurants nearby, McDonalds, Chinese food, Mexican food, etc. Even beers!! I haven’t any noise during the nights, so I had no problem to sleep.

Someday I will visit Purdue, I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank John P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Good location,friendly and helpful staff. When my husband became ill the staff were very helpful and Frank actually drove me to the pharmacy and helped me to source the medicine I needed.
Very good and thanks again
Would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jft365
Lincoln, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I came to Purdue University for a campus visit, and being a college student still, I needed a place close and convenient to stay. Price was a huge concern for me, so I picked the Campus Inn. For $55 a night, I had a single room. The reviews were not good, and the website did not impress me. I was very afraid for my first roadtrip away from home and first night in a hotel by myself. However, upon arrival, the two men at the front desk were very kind and understanding. They offered me a map and directions to the mall and other places in Lafayette to visit. I was nervous about my room; visions of dirty bedding, broken furniture and roaches danced in my head (admittedly, I have a vivid, wild imagination.) Upon arrival, the room smelled fresh and clean. To my surprise, it was. The WiFi worked very well. Nothing was dirty, and the only thing broken was possibly the drain in the bathtub. The lights flickered a bit, but overall, it felt like staying at a Red Roof, Days Inn or another chain hotel, only for a price a student could afford. The fact that the lights went off on a timer scared me; I was in the shower when all the lights went off in my room and the "Psycho" music played in my head. But I'd double-locked the door and didn't worry after the initial startling discovery. The TV didn't have a broad selection of cable, but my selection of entertainment was satisfactory. The bed was a little hard, but after a long, full day, it didn't really matter. Upon checking out, the lady gave me more directions, and she was very kind and sweet. I'd already made plans for breakfast and felt bad that I couldn't take advantage of the muffins and coffee they had! Overall, I was impressed. I had low expectations to begin with, but the Campus Inn not only exceeded them, they matched my best hopes and dreams for my first hotel stay on my own. For what I paid, this was a great hotel experience and I am sure to revisit the Campus Inn the next time I come to Purdue.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sarah A
baraboo,wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Thanks from the passed reviews management has figured out that they need to put some money in this place..My room was nice and been remodeled.and they where working on other rooms when i was there.they might want to think about more energy efficient windows and insulation in the walls.as you can feel the cold air coming in.it was cold the evening i was there, 8 degrees. But heater keeped up with it..There a lot to do near by.hopefully they will keep up with there remodeling program in the years ahead.It has a lot going for it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Campus Inn when we went back to Purdue for a football game. When we arrived, it took us 20 min to check-in because the owner was berating the people ahead of us. I expected our room to be outdated, but it was absolutely disgusting and had a terrible odor. The one night we stayed there, we witnessed a guy vomiting in the parking lot from the back seat of his car. The next morning, there was a group of kids in zebra suits that were out of control. As I was walking through the parking lot, one of them dropped his pants and started peeing right in front of me...in broad daylight! For $130/night, this hotel was absolutely unacceptable. Find some place else to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank boilerup5648
Campusinn, Manager at Campus Inn, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
This unfortunate collection of incidents is 1 of only 2 we've had this football season. Over- consumption of alcohol, coupled with poor decisions of young adults is not uncommon near campuses during football season. That one group of 4 rooms precipitated multiple events, that affected not only "boilerup5648" but many other guests is an embarrassment, and we apologize to all of our guests who were affected by this poor behavior.
The group was at the center of all the incidents witnessed by "bolierup5648" (and more). We did terminate their 2nd day of service and they were ordered to leave the property. Campus Inn does not condone nor tolerate inappropriate behavior and we will continue to deny or terminate service for those not able to properly control their behaviors. Not surprisingly, during a sold-out football weekend, with football weekend prices, a tired room, and poor behavior from other guests, a spoiled stay for "boilerup5648" is understandable.
A long overdue room remodeling project was actually started before football season and a third of our rooms are now complete with new carpet and flooring, new furniture, fixtures and paint. We will continue to remodel rooms during the off-season and hope to have the project complete by early spring. We do hope that "bolierup5648" (and any guests that were likewise effected) will give us another try. When booking your room please ask for a newly remodeled room.
Our standard (non-special event pricing) is a bargain, with clean (and newly remodeled) rooms, minutes from Purdue University campus, and walking distance to great restaurants and entertainment, we offer a value that no other local lodging option provides. Our thanks to our many regular clients who have discovered our unique values and friendly service.

Travellers are raving about these West Lafayette hotels

Glen Ellyn, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Biker friendly. We had reservation with Campus Inn and we knew we were going to be late. We were much later than we planned. When making the reservations I asked for a ground floor as we have a lot of crap to carry to the room. They were under renovation so had limited space but were able to accommodate us. We found the room very comfortable and this motel is in the middle of everything. Walking distance to several things. We wish we would of arrived earlier to enjoy them. I'm confident I will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was a little wary of staying here after looking at the reviews, but I had a perfectly pleasant stay. My room was clean. The air conditioning worked great. I had plenty of hot water. The room had a handy fridge/microwave. The bed was comfortable. The surrounding area was quiet, and I didn't have trouble sleeping. The wifi was not super speedy, but it was adequate and consistent. Checkin and checkout were quick and easy. I didn't need a rental car because I could walk to the Purdue campus (and lots of shops, restaurants, etc.) within 10 minutes. I stayed here because it cost about $50 less per night than staying at the Purdue Union, which was the recommended hotel for the conference I was attending. In short, I saved money and, at the same time, had the opportunity to take a short and pleasant walk to the Purdue campus every day. I can't imagine what I "missed" by not staying right on campus. Walk 10 minutes, save $50!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#3 of 21 in Lafayette

Been to Campus Inn? Share your experiences!