“Short Road Trip”

Dining options: Waitstaff
Albany, Indiana
“Short Road Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stop here while out on our bike. Didn't know the place was there, but found we loved it. Good food and a great atmosphere. We really like the patio dining area. They offer a full menu and a few specialty items.

Visited September 2013

Williamsburg, IN
“Food was average, but not what I ordered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I visited the Randolph Grill on a Wednesday anticipating an average but flavorful meal. I ordered a simple bacon/mushroom steak burger with fries. Busy in conversation, I took a bite and only tasted beef and onions. Upon examination, I realized that my burger was missing both bacon and mushrooms. Not wanting to inconvenience my dining partner, by asking for a replacement, I settled for the rather bland burger. Additionally, I had ordered the ½-pound steak burger and the portion I received was pushing ¼ pound. It was paltry in comparison to my dining partners’ ½-pound cheeseburger. After bringing it to the attention of our server, she offered a 10% discount on my bill. The manager stopped at our table to ask if we received a sufficient amount of fries, because they were now being server by weight, since they had observer that some fries were being wasted. Since the fries were obviously frozen, and not homemade, I could not see where the question required visiting each table for input.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Marlene D
Portland, Indiana
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

We have eaten here three times. The first time we enjoyed glazed salmon, sweet potato casserole and I believe a salad (it's been awhile) but we adored the salmon and SP Casserole. At that time we noticed the atmosphere to be a little loud and no music to help muffle that a little. I think would have helped. Btw, it was guests, not the staff who were noisy.

Oue second and third visits were on Sundays for the EXCELLENT BUFFET. The staff was amazing and the food was superb. All desserts are homemade i believe. We took guests with us the last time and they adored it as well. MANY breakfast and dinner items, carved as well.

We drive about 30 minutes to get there and it is worth it. Check out the website which offers a lot of detail on the menu items. We are considering large gatherings here as they offer nice private banquet area.

We will go back again and again. Winchester is also home to Mrs. Wicks pies. You can pick up regulars or seconds at the shop there.

• Visited December 2012