“Outstanding”

2therocklands
2therocklands
Ranked #1 of 2 Prenton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2013

2therocklands was our favorite B&B of the 9 we stayed at during our holiday. Their home is elegant and we were treated as relatives by Simon and Sue who went out of their way to meet our every need. I highly recommend this wonderful B&B.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue W

Reviewed 28 September 2013

What can I say Simon & Sue are consummate hosts they provide wonderful food in luxurious accommodation .nothing is to much for them and
We highly recommend 2The Rocklands and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank pgwat2002
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Sue and Simon have established the "ultimate" B&B at 2therocklands in Birkenhead. It is an absolute gem and I could not recommend a place more highly.The facilities of this B&B are first rate and the attention to detail throughout the entire house is second to none. Scrumptious food, beautiful decor, immaculate gardens, the fearless house dog Angus - the list of superlatives for the features at 2therocklands is endless. Truly it is, you have to see it to believe it. But if you leave this place and only enjoy the accommodation, then you have missed something very special - Sue and Simon.
Travelling with an elderly family friend, I can't thank both Sue and Simon enough, for their genuine care and thoughtfulness shown to both of us. I look back on some of the things they did so willingly for us both, and shake my head in disbelief. Their home was a showcase but their friendliness and warmth were something much more noteworthy. A million thanks to you both (and Angus) for making our stay so memorable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms - both are beautifully furnished and equipped. The suite room includes your...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dodgee
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at 2 The Rocklands for one night at short notice and I was so impressed that I had to share my experience. I have never given a review of a place I have stayed at before, so it is a real testament to my experience. The owners are so lovely and bend over backwards to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible. The room I stayed in was sheer luxury!! It is a 5 star experience for a 4 star price. I stayed in the luxury room with the use of a living room. The décor is beautiful, neutral and modern. There was a view of a beautiful garden, fabulous en-suite with every item you can think of in your room, such as bathrobes, slippers, cotton buds, face wipes, shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels, etc.. The room had a lovely flat screen TV with sky. Tea and coffee facilities and a little surprise snack in the fridge, yummy!!! The bed sheets were so soft and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud!! The room had an amazing amount of sockets that were perfectly positioned. The rest of the house was just as stylish, with modern sensor lights that lit up the hallway at night. As if all this was not amazing enough, the icing on the cake was the truly tasty breakfast in the morning!! The menu caters for all needs and there is a variety of choices. I enjoyed a vegetarian breakfast, fresh fruit, toast, tea and fruit juice. This is truly a 5 star establishment. Oh and I have to mention the beautiful Angus!! Great hosts!! I will definitely be back and I highly recommend it!! It is beautifully clean & modern, and it is close to a woods. It is a short walk to a village with shops, bars, banks, restaurants, etc. You will not be disappointed. A stay at 2 The Rocklands is a must!!! Thank you for making my stay a stay to remember! Wendy

Room Tip: The Luxury Suite is a must!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sparkle1973
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Wonderful accommodation, superb food and fantastic hosts. Beautiful home with a welcoming feel. Both bedrooms were delightfully furnished, super comfortable and spotless. The lounge area was a great for my family to gather and discuss our plans whilst devouring the scrumptious cakes. Simon + Susan are genuinely lovely people and definately far exceeded any expectations we had for our weekend stay. We would recommend to all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SalGeoff
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Me and my partner have stayed in a number of hotels big and small around the country and this is such a find! received tea and cake on arrival, which was to die for! We had a separate suite to the bedroom which was lovely! The hosts were lovely and so welcoming! In a great location went for a meal in a local restaurant which was really nice! Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 15 June 2013

A lovely house with excellent rooms, breakfast and welcoming hosts. High quality rooms and first class service. A tip top bed and breakfast in a convenient location for the ferry across the Mersey as well as many attractions on the WIrral. It is nearer to Bidston than Prenton.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 310SPR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prenton
Leasowe Castle Hotel
#2 of 3 in Birkenhead
Albion Guest House
Albion Guest House
#3 of 5 in New Brighton

Been to 2therocklands? Share your experiences!