“Best Thai restaurant on the Wirral”
Review of Thai Thai - CLOSED

Thai Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Service, food, ambience were all perfect. Group of 8 of us on a Saturday night, busy restaurant but didn't wait long between courses. Food was aromatic, tasty and beautifully presented. Have tried all of the other Thai restaurants on the Wirral, this is better than all of them by quite a way. Only disappointed in the 10% service charged on top of the bill, always think the customer should decide if they are worthy of a tip. Otherwise we would have rated this restaurant a 5!! We will return.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Decor is very attractive and service was lovely but for me it's about the food which was a bit of a let down. Starter of spare ribs was 3 pieces of spare rib about 3 inches long and a pile of shredded white cabbage ( no dressing, not even a dash of lime ) at £6 this starter was very over priced. The prawn tom kha soup was very disappointing. Thai soups should be an explosion of flavour, the sweet of the palm sugar, the salty of the fish sauce and the sour of fresh lime but Thai Thai's Tom Kha was...........bland and at £6 for 3 prawns 2 mushrooms and one cherry tomato again overpriced. My main course of pad thai noodles was overly sweet and a bit of a mush and any fresh bean sprouts had been cooked into non existence
To be fair my partner said his curry was good so maybe I just made bad choices from the menu but at these prices there shouldn't BE any bad choices from the menu. The bottle of Rioja was ok but at £24 overpriced.
For what Thai Thai is charging the food should be better and the portions more generous if Thai Thai can match it's good service with equally good food it would be a good restaurant so keep trying hard but work on your food.

4  Thank GUARDSMAN
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic Thai food
comparable with some of the best food I had in Thailand. Standard consistently high. Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I went to Thai Thai with my family as it's just up the road from us and didn't feel like cooking. I've been to Thailand a couple of times and loved the food out there, so I'm on the look out for some 'authentic' tasting Thai food. Not only was the food authentic, but the service took me right back to my holidays in Thailand. The waitresses are so sweet and polite and we felt incredibly welcome. The food was faultless. Every mouthful was heavenly. I had the tempura vegetables, tofu yaki soba and blossoming tea to finish. The tea was a little expensive, but worth somebody on the table getting one because it's more than just a drink, it's a little bit of entertainment too (ok, so I'm easily pleased, but everyone enjoyed watching the 'flower' blossom in the water. The decor is lovely inside the restaurant too. I will definitely be visiting here again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We decided to order a takeaway from the Thai Thai as a precursor to visiting the restaurant for a sit down meal in the coming weeks. We ordered the two person sharing platter total cost £13.90. This consisted of 2 x miniscule fatty ribs, 2 x small spring rolls, 2 x small chicken satay skewers, 2 x small sui mai and 2 x flat thai fishcakes. These items were lovingly crammed into a small plastic box and the spring rolls and fishcakes were put into a paper bag which was soggy and fell apart when we got home. The starters were cold and when we rang to order we were told the order would take 10 minutes which should have sounded our alarm bells. The jungle curry we ordered was actually very nice and spicy albeit watery but it is described as a thin curry in the menu so we are not complaining about that. It is disappointing that a restaurant can charge nearly £1.40 per item for a sharing starter. I could understand if the items were of a high quality but they were not. Shall not be using this take away service or the restaurant again.