“Mont Inn wow”

Ranked #1 of 4 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Iowa
“Mont Inn wow”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was given a surprise birthday gift of a road trip to this town of Bellevue Ia and a wonderful stay at the Mont Inn..The home was breathtaking the view was great and Cris the owner and her staff was more than TOP of the line of all the B&B I have ever stayed at before..The meals were wonderful and the murder mystery was so much fun...Yes Namoi and Madson are the BEST...If anyone wants a wonderful time go their.We are planning a trip their next year and are planing to stay at their cabins.Again..thank you Chris,her husband,and staff Namoi and Madison,

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 10 April 2013

If you enjoy being pampered and you like personalized attention you'll love Mont Rest Inn in Bellevue, IA. The meals were all outstanding and they even have a Mont Rest Cookbook (which I bought and love BTW). The Inn itself is lush and lovely with breathtaking views from all windows! I found Christine, the innkeeper to be warm, friendly and funny too! The staff especially the manager Naomi bent over backwards to please their guests. Some of the guests were first timers and others were repeat visitors; all agreed that Mont Rest is a gem and that we’d be back! My advice is to go to Mont Rest and allow yourself be swept up in their charm and just go with the flow. Embrace the ambiance and find a piece of heaven on earth like my husband and I did.

Room Tip: The rooms have as much personality as Christine the innkeeper so tell her what you like and she'...
DeForest, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was one in a group of six lady friends that spent the night of April 6th at Mont Rest. There was absolutely nothing negative to say about our stay and probably not enough room here to list all the positives. Naomi was a wonderful hostess from start to finish. She cheerfully met us when we arrived, gave us a tour and showed us our rooms (which exceeded our expectations). Throughout our stay, Naomi was always there with a smile making sure we had anything we could possibly need. Naomi needs to be cloned and spread all over the hospitality industry. I don’t want to forget Madyson. She was quiet but once again served us in a warm and welcoming manner at all times. Christine, the innkeeper/owner, enlightened us with stories about the history of the house and also the area. Not only were her stories entertaining but also enlightening. The stories helped us feel part of the history and also a piece of her family. Thank you to Chris and your husband for sharing this experience with us. Our group partook in the Murder Mystery dinner. Oh my goodness, I have not laughed so much in a long time (and laughing is good for the soul). Not only was the Mystery well written (by Christine herself), our group had fun with it from start to finish. Not all of us were able to guess the murderer which made it all the more intriguing. We were fortunate to have eight others (not in our group) join in the Murder Mystery dinner with us. Not only was everyone good sports about the Mystery but; I feel we made friends that night. I highly recommend Mont Rest as a stop in your next adventure!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own character. Just let Naomi or Chris know what your are looking for in y...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Cresco
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I'm a positive person, but this ticked me off. Newly engaged, we decided to spend a weekend at this place & take part in the (hoky) murder mystery. We got in the door, & Chris asked who we were. When we told her (I had explained to her on the phone that we had just become engaged), she was all excited, put her hands in front of her & said "Let me see, let me see!" I showed her my diamond ring, & she said "Isn't that cute? Well, you can always trade up someday." REALLY? Thanks Chris. That set me off because she didn't say it in a funny way - it was insulting. Trying to stay positive, we were escorted to our room at the top where you have to go outside to enter (ugh), then she proceeded to tell us how she basically "saved" a little town in Iowa from extinction. <gag> The food was pretty good. The murder mystery was totally juvenile hoky. Breakfast was a disaster, served an hour late because one person was "sleeping in" after we firmed up breakfast plans the night before going to bed. My fiance told Chris that if she didn't feed us within 15 minutes, he was headed downtown to the convenience store. Finally, we were fed. If I were given a free overnight to this place, I would give it away as a boobie prize. Guess what? We won't be back. Beautiful house, but that's it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank estifred
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at this B&B on the weekend of March 30th. We really enjoyed the murder mystery and the dinner. Naomi was awesome in every way. Chris the owner on the other hand can be very over bearing to the point it becomes rude. We enjoyed all the people we met and had some good conversation. The one thing I did not like was the fact the dog that lives on the property, was allowed to come into the dining room while we were eating dinner. Not all people are "dog" people and I for one do not like a dog around my food, as I feel this is very unsanitary. Plus the dog was going from person to person begging for food and I didn't appreciate this at all. The temperature in the room was very warm. You cannot control your room temp so we opened up one of the windows in our room which was a little scary since there were no screens on the windows and a critter could have easily gotten in. Needless to say I did not have a good nights sleep and neither did my husband. The hot tub in our room was very relaxing and breakfast the next morning was great. Not sure if we would return.

1 Thank y m
Washburn, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My wife and I were touring the Great River Road, and found ourselves in Bellevue for the evening. The reviews for Mont Rest were great, and we were not disappointed. The place was beautiful! However, as I am a bit of a klutz, there are too many antiques and stuff on the walls and railings. The evening was relaxing, chatted with guests and read. Breakfast was at 9:00 AM, and fantastic. However, the owner did hover at the table and dominate the morning conversation. After a bit the guests just broke into their own conversations. As it turned out a travel writer was staying and got much of the attention! Overall, we were happy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul N
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I wanted a weekend away and wanted to revisit the Galena area. We came across Mont Rest when I googled "hotels and jacuzzis". We both were intrigued by the murder mystery having done one in England before and thought we would give this place a try plus the bed and breakfast looked gorgeous and reminded us of our time that we spent living in England and spending many a vacation in B&B's. We were not disappointed at all. The room and "mansion" were beautiful, the food was amazing and Christine and Ralph were extremely attentive, hospitible and entertaining. We will definitely return and have already told sereval friends who plan on making a trip to Mont Rest.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Chestnut Mountain Resort
The Inn at Potter's Mill
The Inn at Potter's Mill
#2 of 4 in Bellevue

Been to Mont Rest Inn? Share your experiences!