“Enchanting,Relaxed,Friendly,Tons of Fun,Lots of Laughs”
Review of Mont Rest Inn

Mont Rest Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Baraboo,wi
“Enchanting,Relaxed,Friendly,Tons of Fun,Lots of Laughs”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Mont Rest Inn is like no other place I have been. Freshly baked cookies (Chocolate Chip, my favorite) and fresh brownies every day in kitchen area. Full Kitchen to which guests have access to 24 hours a day. Any expressed needs met in the most friendly manner. The food was phenominal and cooked fresh on site every day during my sister and my three day stay. Our room was not only comfortable but plush and beautiful. Decore was in Victorian English Style with a canopied bed, refrigerator, ,fireplace, large flat screen TV, 3 closets, large soft chase lounge chair.Awesome !!!!! We were able to view many of the other rooms available each with its own special touch too diverse to mention here but all lovely and inviting. The view from our covered walkway of the bluffs, trees in autumn colors, church steeples was beautifull. Located close to Bellevue riverwalk along the Missippi River, beautifull wooded areas, and unigue gift shops. Galena, Ill is accessable by either Riverboat Cruise or by car. We had always wanted to participate in a Murder Mystery and we had a blast. Thank You Naomi!!!! The driveway and parking were intiminating at first but always managed to have a spot each day. We are planning on returning as a group hopefully with co-workers and friends soon! Also would recommend checking out the cabins which are right along the Mighty Mississippi and afford more privacy for those who would like it. We are also considering the cabins for a gathering of family from Oklahoma and Utah in the future. To Chris, Naomi, Captain of the Riverboat , we say a big "THANK YOU" for giving us such pleasurable memories that will last a life time. We plan to return again. My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank patasm10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Everyone had a great time and the staff accommidated our family really well! They offered a SWEET dinner for two for our Parents to enjoy and ordered beautiful flowers for us to purchase from a local florist, had amazing food selections for the Murder Mystery dinner (which was hillariously fun) and breakfasts that just can't be beat! Since fresh fruit was available they picked fresh berries rigth from their garden!
The parking was slim but they were so helpful making sure no one had to trek the hill up to the house! This Beb and Breakfast is close to a lot of things to do...Dubuque, Galena and the Missisippi River! Everyone was so sweet! We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2010

First off If I ever seen a bad review of this place I would say that it would not be from a good source (Jealous BBs in the area wink wink) My wife and I come to Bellevue all the time and her parents live here so we know the area and the Mont rest location well. We have have stayed here a few times and on this trip its 92 degrees and humid out side and our room is like an icebox! By choice as the AC Is new and the whole BB is cool and comfortable and clean and the staff is great, The breakfast was off the hook, The antiques are off the hook, The room is off the hook, The brownies and stocked fridge and fresh brownies and other guests are off the hook. Try this place out and you will be back again and again, By the way I have stayed at other like locations in this area and this is by far the next most comfortable place next to home you will find, The owner Chris and her husband are awesome! Mike and Lorie Ward.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Wood Dale, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Mont Rest a few months after we got married in 2005, we had never been to a bed and breakfast before. We absolutely fell in love with this gorgeous mansion!! The pampering and hospitality was so amazing that we went back for a second time the following year. The hosts are so awesome, we feel like we are with family when we are there. Every evening they would surprise us with delicious treats, one evening they knocked on our door and the host was holding two glasses with chocolate mousse!! AWESOME!! My husband and I tried going to other bed and breakfasts since and I can tell you that none of them come close to the Mont Rest. The rooms are so spacious and romantic, you feel like you are transported to another era with all of the victorian style decorations, just what is needed for a perfect weekend getaway!! The breakfast is a feast!! I highly recommend this place wherever I go! Our next weekend getaway will definitely be back there again!!

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 19 April 2010

Every year I take a "girls" weekend with my mother and sister. We are always looking for something new to try and we had always wanted to try a murder mystery night, so when we heard about Mont Rest, we had to give it a try. I am so glad we did! The staff was great, the food was amazing and the facility was beautiful. I especially liked the history session with the owner after breakfast. For me, it really completed the experiece at Mont Rest.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank HannahFamily
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 12 April 2010

It's not worth your time or your money. These people put on a show with a fake smile. They pose as if they want to help you out, cut you a deal, and the next thing you know they're swindling you. I've heard people in Bellevue don't like the way Mont Rest does business. I'd have to agree with them. I highly discourage anyone from staying here.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
9 Thank cbusane2
Omaha
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We and another couple reserved a two-night stay at Mont Rest Inn to celebrate their anniversary. The 1893 mansion sits near the top of a bluff overlooking the Mississippi. There are thirteen rooms featuring period décor, and prices to suit various budgets. Our room featured a king-sized four-poster and fireplace with an ensuite bath. The ensuite contained a spa tub with dual shower- even a bidet! The room also had digital cable TV and a DVD player.

We signed up for the "Murder Mystery Package." What a blast! All who participated got to dress up in costumes and solve an Agatha Christie-like puzzle over the course of Saturday evening, accompanied by a three-course dinner. So much fun!

As we stayed two nights, we got to enjoy two of the FABULOUS included breakfast spreads. I think we put on a couple of pounds after various sausages, omelets, herbed potatoes, fruit, pastries, frittata, and… We also had fun exploring the house and grounds, and, at night, took advantage of the extensive book and movie collections. Unlike many other B&Bs, Mont Rest has a spacious kitchen for the use of the Inn guests (the Inn's meals are prepared in a separate professional kitchen). You could prepare your own lunches or dinners if you wish , using their well-stocked supply of dishes, cutlery and cookware (groceries not included!). There are complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, and a reasonably priced honor bar. I don't think WiFi is available, but there is a computer on the first floor available to guests (we used it to check weather conditions- it was January, after all!).

Be aware that the driveway of the house is steep, and the parking area is small- I think that if the house is fully booked you might have to park on the street after unloading your bags. Also, there is a room available on the first floor for those who can't use stairs.

Mont Rest is convenient to many activities in the area; we elected to spend Saturday afternoon exploring the nearby historic town of Galena, Illinois (about 45 minutes away by car). Our companions had stayed at the property previously during warm weather & took advantage of the "Riverboat Excursion Package," which also allows you to spend an afternoon in Galena.

The property manager, Naomi, and her staff were super- what a friendly and engaging bunch of folks! Anything we wanted or needed was supplied in a timely manner. We would certainly recommend the Inn for a romantic and relaxing getaway & hope to have the opportunity to return ourselves!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thursdaynext
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Chestnut Mountain Resort
The Inn at Potter's Mill
The Inn at Potter's Mill
#2 of 4 in Bellevue

Been to Mont Rest Inn? Share your experiences!