“Strictly Ok”

Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've stayed in Much worse, I've stayed in much better. It was clean, simple, straightforward. No frills because obviously they don't want you hanging out in your room. ;-)
The pool is in the south tower, which is a fairly long walk from the north tower (as is the casino, take note if you have disabilities).. love that it had adult only hours and was open later than most hotel pools. Wasn't satisfied with the selection of munchies and drinks in the lobby 'store'. Pack them in or be prepared to go shopping because the vending machines are staggered every other floor and I found them to be poorly stocked with product or change.
Too, even though I made the reservation online well ahead, and specifically requested a river view, we did not really get one. We asked again, and even though we identified several rooms on our floor alone that were empty and would have fulfilled my request, they did not give us a 'room with a view'. The only other negative comment I have is that everyone working here seemed to be a little bit on edge. This is an economically depressed area with manufacturing shutting down all around... houses crumbling just over the ridge... so I don't know if it is the general dis-ease that is wafting around the working poor (of which I am one) or if there are internal reasons that the folks who work here seem tense. Everyone was polite and efficient, I just felt like they weren't happy campers.

Room Tip: If you cannot walk long distances be sure to stay in the south tower. It didn't bother me, but i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you were somewhat disappointed with the view from your room and the availability of snacks at the hotel. There are a limited number of rooms in our North Tower that have a true "River View" and we are not always able to accommodate this request, but we hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My son, daughter and I visited isle of April last Sunday 12/22-12/23.

I read the reviews on tripadvisor so when we arrived I nicely asked for one of the newer or updated rooms. They told me I already had reservations on the North tower in a newer room.

I also asked to be in a non-smoking room. I was on the 10th floor which is all non-smoking. I recommend asking this because after all this is a casino hotel and in my experience casinos smell like smoke.

My room was more than adequate. The bathroom was spacious. It had two queen beds (not double but queen). The bathroom was also spacious and had marble countertop and a slate color floor (I think artificial). It was nicely decorated.

I feel many of the negative reviews are unfair on this hotel. Maybe there are rooms that need to be refurbished but maybe the people getting these rooms had some sort of deal. Or maybe some of the negative reviews are from people who lost money at the casino and are taking it out on the hotel.

At any rate, I recommend walking around the complex if you have time. I am not a gambler, so I don't know much about these things. The casino had a lot of slot machines, I saw roulette wheels. When I was walking around, about 8:00 AM Monday morning there was one table open. I assume for blackjack. The minimum takes were $5, probably because it was early. But that might be a good way to learn blackjack, if you are into gambling.

Early in the morning there was steam coming off the river. It was really beautiful to look at. I also walked around all the various indoor walkways. There is a convention center to see on one side, the north and south towers, the parking garage, and casino. Actually a nice morning walk.

Finally there is a buffet restaurant there. I think breakfast is $5.99 and I saw they had a dinner special crab legs and prime rib for $10.99. I think you need to be a players club member to get this deal. But it is easy to sign up.

This is my long review, but I feel many of the reviews are unfair. I would not hesitate to stay again. Just simply ask for a newer or updated room when you make your reservation and/or check in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and had a chance to explore our property. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I took a mini vaca to one of our local casino/hotels. We were very disappointed in the room. It was a conjoining room and we could hear the people in the other room all night. The hallways to the rooms were absolutely freezing. I decided not to swim because I couldn't fathom walking through the hallways wet. We were given an Isle One card to play the slots. No one told us that you had to enter $1 to play everytime you took your card out. So much for free money. The buffett was fabulous. We ate dinner and breakfast!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if your room is conjoining.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner in the buffet. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the hotel portion of your stay and for the miscommunication regarding the slot play you received. While the credits are free, the system does require the guest to put in the first dollar in order to prompt the credits to be downloaded to a particular machine for play. We hope that you consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was excellent, but I was in the North Tower. The South Tower seemed to be more convenient, sincethat was closer to the casino, pool, and restaurants. Very clean and nice decor. The beds were super soft and comfy! We also liked the black-out curtains that allowed us to sleep in after a late night. The bathroom had a large shower (no bathtub). We used a Groupon certificate and wete very happy with the value.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the room amenities that were available to you in the North tower. Please come see us again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is attached to the gambling boat and rooms are...spartan at best. Like any casino hotel, they make no money with you watching television and surfing the Internet. The room was clean but very very "worn".

I would suggest the "set menu" for $25.00 at Farradday's Restaurant. It is, by far the best dinner deal around. The service was good and the meal even better. Seafood is delivered fresh each day.

Room Tip: If you are lucky to get a river view, make sure you not looking from your window directly at the boa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner at our Farraddays' Restaurant along with the rest of your stay. Please come see us again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in the North Tower for two nights. The room was nice, the bed was pretty comfortable, I really liked the bedding. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of pillows on the bed. I believe there were 5. There is a ceiling fan, which was equally great. There is a nice big chair to sit in. The television was nice, except quite a few local channels were fuzzy. There is no tub, but the walk in shower was very roomy and had a glass door. There was a lot of storage for clothing and such. We were on the 7th floor, and the wifi was very very slow, and cut off a lot. The only other thing I can pick at is that there were no vending machines for drinks near the rooms. There were snack vending machines, but since there is no fridge in the room- it would have been nice to have access to soft drinks.
The casino was okay...a little smaller than we're accustomed to. The slots that we played seemed very tight...but I can't really attribute that to anything other than bad luck. However, I did notice that I didn't hear a lot of celebrating so I'm not sure if anyone was doing well. The table games seemed to have a lot of action though!

Room Tip: Get the north tower, for sure!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IsleHotel, Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your two night stay in our hotel. In our North Tower, you can find soft drink vending machines on the even numbered floors and the snack vending machines on the odd numbered floors. We also have snacks and beverages for sale at the gift shop located next to the front desk in the lobby. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Quad Cities.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

dont waste money here, players cards send offers but wont honor them if try to use them. played and played got mailing and tried to use it, but told no rooms, could get for inflated price, but not for offered rate! Riverside never pulls this on us, spend money at riverside or meskwaki in tama, ia. havent tried jummers yet but will with money i was going to spend at isle, buffet at isle way overrated also

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you experienced a problem while trying to book a room using the offers you had received from our casino. All of our offers are subject to availability with a limited number of rooms allocated to each offer on a daily basis. These allocations are reviewed weekly by our staff to (hopefully) ensure that the offers are available when guests call to make their reservations. However there are instances when dates become unavailable, which is why we try to offer a wide variety of dates for our guests to choose from. We hope that this one instance will not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Fairfield Inn Moline
#10 of 16 in Moline
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
La Quinta Inn Moline Airport

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf? Share your experiences!