“Clean & Comfortable.. BUT the sheets don't fit the bed!”

Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights in August. I booked online at hotwire. At check in I asked for a quiet non-smoking room. Since I booked online, I was in the north tower. The lady at check in gave me a room on the 11th floor. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable.

I enjoyed the view from my room. I had a view of the river and trains.

My complaints are the following:
1. The sheets did not fit the bed, so my feet were on the mattress! I posted a pic of the bottom of the bed with the top layers pulled back.
2. The elevators are slow.
3. The room did not have a fridge. The fridge was not listed as a feature. However at this price point, I would expect a small fridge in the room.

I did use the gym. It was clean but a tad on the warm side.

I used the pool. The pool was a pool. The pool area was pretty clean with just some garbage from other people that left without picking up. The clean towels were in a bin under the 'dirty towel' sign (this was a bit confusing).

There really isn't anything easy to get to without driving from this hotel except for the casino. Unfortunately I did not have time on this trip to visit the casino. I have been to the casino on other occasions a number of years ago, but I have not had a recent visit so I can not post a review including the casino.

Room Tip: North tower was nice. Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stopped here overnight as part of a wedding weekend we recently had in Iowa. WE were a little shocked at the $175/night "special rate" we received as being part of a wedding group. This property was clean, nicely decorated, conveniently located, and the staff was nice and helpful, We were able to check in early (1 pm vs 3 pm) which was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights for business with an employee.

We thought it might be fun to stay at a Casino property. The North Tower was sold out and we stayed in the South which is older and dated.

Room has ripped carpet, older beds, and the old tube style TVs. The bathroom was dirty.

The Casino was great and the other Tower and Lobby were very updated and appeared newer. If you book here be sure to be in the North Tower Building.

I would not recommend and wouldn't stay here in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Crossbonz72 .
IsleCustomerSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. You’re correct, the South Tower is the older of the two on the property. We do have plans for the future to make renovations. We hope that you enjoyed your visit enough to come again and try out the North Tower. So we can learn more about your stay, please reach out to our Front Desk Supervisor, Julie Bray, at Julie.bray@islecorp.com.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed and gambled at this place about 100 times. The machines are old and need to be upgraded, for the most part the casino is like a smoky old bar, they try to keep it clean for the most part but it is getting so run down you can't but notice it is going to pot. I play roulette and they seldom have more than one table open and if they do have two open, it is only when they are very busy. The machines are bipolar, one night you hit like crazy, the next night they dry up on you. They comp my wife and I very well so I can't complain. We will only stay in a suit, Too many grandparents bring their grandkids to this place to swim and the kids are unruly in the rooms and make a lot of racket. If we are not comp'ed a suit, we don't go, that's all there is to it. We never eat the buffet, it is gross but there is a nice little snack bar next to it we grab a sandwich at. The rooms are ok, like I said, enter at your own risk because fools bring their kids to this place to swim, leave the kids in the room and go to the casino while the kids reek havoc in the hotel. I know, I have seen it more than once and I have complained about it. There are also a lot of gawkers in the casino, people who don't play, they just hang around and get in people's way who want to play like around the roulette table for instance. The gaming staff does a poor job at telling them to move out of the way which is one of pet peeves, I actually colored out on roulette last Friday night because some weirdo decided to stand right next to me watching my every more when he did not have a chip on the table. I gave the dealer the stink eye about three times and she just didn't get the hint. So I quit playing. Problem solved.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. North tower room was fine. Fairly quiet on 7th floor.
My biggest complaint is wifi was terrible. Couldn't work from my room. Frustrating. How hard is it to get the wifi working?
Ate at The restraint on first floor. It was average.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have 2 concerns - room and "convenience fee." Our first room (710) was easily 90 in there when we checked in and the chairs basically had no fabric left. We left for the rest of the day and coming back later that night we could night stay in the room. Fortunately Jennifer at the front desk was able to move us. Otherwise, we would have left. I cannot imagine how housekeeping could have allowed this room to be ready to be used. Hotel is supposed to be non-smoking but there is definite smoke in the air.

My other comment is on the "convenience fee" of $6.00 on my bill. I know its only $6.00 but no where was this fee disclosed when I made the reservation, when I checked in, or when I checked out. It was only after I got home and looked at the bill did I see it. I was expecting the rate I had agreed to and the tax.

Will not stay here and cannot recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DP731
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We came into town for a quick few days and we stayed here as this is where our friends were staying. We had three people in our group, so we wanted a room with two beds. Well, this was our downfall. This meant we had to stay in the South Tower, which is old and in definite need of repair and/or renovations! All of our friends were in the North Tower. Their rooms were trendy, clean, big, and new! We paid twice as much for our old room. We asked to switch to other tower but were told the North Tower only has king rooms with one bed. We checked out early and went to a different hotel. The buffet was decent, and the staff was nice. Not their fault that the one building is old!

Room Tip: North Tower Rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vacation4Me2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Bettendorf

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf? Share your experiences!