“Outstanding property and staff!!”

Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here a week ago on an emergency visit for a family illness. The staff was wonderful and managed to get me an extension at the last minute when surgery had to be delayed. The entire property was kept in great condition and looked brand new. All of the staff from the front desk to housekeeping greeted everyone with a smile and a friendly attitude. All in all, I could go on, but suffice it to say that the hotel and staff get my full recommendation to anyone in the quad cities area. Thank you to all!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Andrew,
Thank you SO much for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I am sorry to hear about your last minute emergency and hope that everything is well now. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Got a weekend night deal for just $69 so i decided I would try it. Beautiful well kept room with a modern design and the room included a couch/roll out bed. Very clean and fresh looking housekeeping looks like they do a very good job. I was on the I-74 side but did not notice any noise. Desk help was polite and professional. Only a few minor drawbacks. The bed its at an odd angle so its hard to watch the TV from it no free breakfast only a small coffee shop( a breakfast is available for a $10 charge) and despite being in a great location just off I-74 the entry/exit is sort of hidden of a side street. For this price it was a great value. It was interesting that my last 2 stops in the Quad Cities that the Courtyard and Fairfield Inn in Bettendorf were much cheaper (as much as $20) than Quality Inn Sleep Inn Comfort Inn Country Inn and Courtyard in Davenport. Not sure if this is always the case or just during the off season. So I guess to all guests coming to the Quads check the prices in Bettendorf when staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent two nights at this property and overall had a very nice stay. Check in was a breeze. However when we got to the room it was on the interstate side. Based on Trip Advisor recommendations we had asked for a courtyard room as they were supposed to be quieter. Tammy at the front desk was very helpful and moved us immediately. Apparently the request made over the phone to reservation central did not make it to the hotel. She suggested calling the property directly as they do try to accommodate. Our room was very nice and decorated almost in an art deco styling. King size bed with night stands, sofa and table, a work area and dresser. Bathroom area had a small sink and counter area. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The lobby area with bar and sitting area was very inviting. The pool area also was well maintained but we didn't try it out as there were many kids in the area. Not acting badly or anything just simply being kids having a good time. This location is very central to shopping, theaters and dining. Not far from downtown either. On the down side it really was noisier than we expected. As we were in the hallway with the only pool entrance there was a lot of hallway noise and more surprisingly we had noise from the room above us and next to us. This is a large property so plan on a fair amount of walking. If traveling with kids or wanting to be near the pool get rooms in the 130-145 range near entrance 2. Otherwise, a quieter area might be near entrance 3 or the lobby. Would definitely consider again if traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms in the 130-140's are courtyard view. Odd numbers are facing the interstate...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for over a week during a recent unexpected trip to Bettendorf on a family emergency. The staff went out of its way to keep us in the same room even though we were making reservations one day at a time. Recommend a room near the exit doors during freezing weather. Our first floor room had a walk out patio. Rooms fairly quiet except when the hotel was packed with kids on a Saturday night. Starbucks served anytime day or night. Free wifi and computer usage. Fireplace in lobby added to ambience on those cold winter days. The hometown friendliness of this hotel made for a wonderful stay during challenging circumstances.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was in the Quad Cities for a weekend. I spent one night at the Econo Lodge, and found that it was so terrible I couldn't stand to spend another evening there. I checked out early, and went to the Courtyard right next door. I couldn't have been more happy, and my only regret is that I didn't book there to start with. A gorgeous lobby with a big screen TV showing weather, events in the Quad Cities, and news headlines is the first thing you see. They have a Starbucks in the lobby, as well as a fireplace and plenty of seating if you want to have a cup of coffee and sit by the fire.

The service was great; the room was spacious and well laid out, it was impeccably clean, and I honestly can't say enough good things about the place. Very friendly staff as well. One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in to date.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stay at hotels almost every other weekend. Started out fine hanging at the pool with my two boys. Met up with some other family's that are staying here and we were enjoying a few refreshments (beers). When we were kicked out of the pool. Never been to a hotel where they don't allow beer in the pool. Oh and if your kid refuses to pee in the pool like everyone else, get ready for a long jaunt to the other side of the hotel. Who doesn't put a bathroom by the pool and exercise room. Hint: get a room by the pool so you don't have to walk so far to the bathroom. And they were out of towels when we left the pool. Not to mention the pool towels are those little tiny ones they give you for the floor of your bathroom. My 6 year old needed three to dry himself off. Maybe why they were out?! And I am only writing this review because it is now 6 am and there is a snowplow in the parking lot that sounds like it's gonna come through my window. I'm on the third floor! Hopefully the breakfast that we had to pay extra for is worth it! Never again!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jeremy M
MLICH, Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Jeremy M,

I am very sorry to hear of your displeasure with your stay. The restrictions in the pool area regarding food and beverages are there for everyone’s safety. I hope you can understand that if glass was to break in the pool area or food/beverages were to contaminate the water we would have to close the pool to rectify the situation, which is an extremely lengthy process. I did speak with everyone in the pool that evening and asked them very politely to remove the items that were in violation of the posted policy. I came back later to find that all of the food and alcohol was still there. It was at that time that I required everyone remove their food and alcohol from the pool area. Everyone was aware that they were more than welcome to stay in the pool area as long as the food and alcoholic beverages were removed. The policies regarding food, alcohol, and glass bottles in the pool are in place for the safety of all of our guests.

We at the Courtyard by Marriott appreciate your business and hope that we can be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I don't generally stay at Marriott properties due an ill fated run in with a bad manager years ago, but this property was a marvelous find. Fresh updating created an ambience with real fireplace warmth and a Hugh interactive computer screen for current information and news, the dining is restaurant style with a Starbucks that also serves delicious fare, as I discovered at breakfast, as well as not liquids that also feel good on a cold day. The rooms were crisp with large bathroom, typical shower in tub, and sink outside commode location. Typical amenities with large work station, lots of plug sites, and large bed. Flat screen in room with good selection of shows.
Best of all, the staff was uber friendly. Smiles, and positive interaction that proved both understanding and helpful in rectifying some issues that arose.
Did not get to enjoy the exercise room, but the lobby was so comfortable, that I found myself here more than in other properties.

Room Tip: Be friendly
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
#4 of 6 in Bettendorf
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#12 of 26 in Davenport

Been to Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities? Share your experiences!