“Nice Rooms, Nice People, NIce Location”

Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I"ve looked at the other reviews and agree mostly. I stay here every year on my way east because of dependable quality and very nice people at the helm, I like the quick access to the Interstate and like the fact that very good shopping centers are nearby along with an outstanding Italian restaurant just down the road from the hotel. Biaggi's (or close). I do hope their cafe is better for my upcoming stay.

Room Tip: Good parking but doors are far from some rooms. If handicapped or have trouble walking ask about thi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review and the great comments about our staff. We appreciate you staying with us each year and look forward to seeing you again next year (if not earlier).

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have to say that the employees at the Courtyard by Marriott were very helpful, especially Misty at the front desk. She did everything she could to accommodate us as Expedia messed up our reservation. Even though the matter was not taken care of by Expedia, Misty did her best to get us what we could.

We ended up with 2 King beds with sofa sleepers. The King beds were an absolute delight and wonderful to sleep on. I have never gotten that good of sleep in a hotel, ever. I do have to say that the other posts about being on the highway side, tends to get a little noisy. We did have a room next to us get into an altercation but that is not the hotels fault as I think these guests were drunk. However, the minute I laid my head on the pillow, I was out.

The pool is pretty nice. The kids had a fun time and the grounds were kept really, really, clean. Our two rooms smelt so fresh and clean and you could tell the linens just came out of the dryer as they just smelt nice.

The cafeteria in the morning can get a little chaotic but they did bring out 2 extra people to help with breakfast. It would be nice if they had some type of hot buffet vs. À la carte. However, the Starbucks worked for me.

The only thing that was hard for us out of towners was trying to find the location. There is construction right now and all the roads are blocked off and very narrow but that is not the hotel's fault at all.

Room Tip: Maybe get rooms on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AAndersons
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for the great review and the wonderful feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely share your feedback with our staff and especially Misty since she did such a great job assisting you during your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just returned home from a 1 night stay at this property after reserving 2 rooms for a family visit. Our rooms were outstanding for cleanliness and overall appeal. Bed, was comfortable, pillows were wonderful. I would concur with reviewers who said the highway side is noisy. However, I can't give this facility 5 stars because of the Cafe`. I was told when I made the reservation, since we were getting the military rate, only 1 meal per room was free. I thought, okay, we'll pay for the others, no problem. Standing in line at the cafe` took a very long time, since there was 1 person working behind the counter. When it was my family's turn to place the order, I was told that my name wasn't on the list for the 2 free breakfasts, and to go a talk to Tammy at the front desk. When I did so, she explained that the rooms w/military rate get NO free breakfast, and asked for the name of the person who told me that. Of course, I didn't know. However, she made an exception, since that was what I was told when making the reservation. So with that, it was back to the end of the line at the Cafe. The real issue that I think the hotel needs to deal with, was the fact the Cafe` works by waiting in line, placing your order, then waiting for your order to be brought out to you. (Unless, for example, you pick a prepaired yogurt parfait, fruit cup or cereal). There was only one person working, and when we heard the second person come up to say that they'd waited a long time for their food (one was 45 minutes for their english muffin), we decided it wasn't worth an hour of our time, and left to get our food elsewhere. And, you're definitely paying for the 'convenience'. Even though this was a very clean property, modern and appealingly updated, I don't think we'll stay there again because of the Cafe`. I like hotels with free breakfast beverages, hot breakfasts, and easy access to the food. Bottom line, if you think you may be in a hurry for your breakfast, this system did not work efficiently and you'll be overpaying for a convenience that turns out to not be so convenient!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TGS_5

Thank you so much for the 4 out of 5 rating. I am so sorry that the bistro was extremely busy when you were ready for your breakfast. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into staffing levels for our bistro in order to ensure it is staffed better in the future. Again, I am so sorry for the bistro confusion in the morning and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here overnight. The hotel is close to a local highway and easy to find. An older hotel that is clean but its seen better days. My wife and I enjoyed the room and found it quiet. I'd stay there again for a quick overnight trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen R
MLICH, General Manager at Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Bettendorf. We hope that you enjoyed your brief stop in Bettendorf. We are glad that you had a nice quiet hotel stay and you thought our hotel was clean. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here a week ago on an emergency visit for a family illness. The staff was wonderful and managed to get me an extension at the last minute when surgery had to be delayed. The entire property was kept in great condition and looked brand new. All of the staff from the front desk to housekeeping greeted everyone with a smile and a friendly attitude. All in all, I could go on, but suffice it to say that the hotel and staff get my full recommendation to anyone in the quad cities area. Thank you to all!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Andrew,
Thank you SO much for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I am sorry to hear about your last minute emergency and hope that everything is well now. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Got a weekend night deal for just $69 so i decided I would try it. Beautiful well kept room with a modern design and the room included a couch/roll out bed. Very clean and fresh looking housekeeping looks like they do a very good job. I was on the I-74 side but did not notice any noise. Desk help was polite and professional. Only a few minor drawbacks. The bed its at an odd angle so its hard to watch the TV from it no free breakfast only a small coffee shop( a breakfast is available for a $10 charge) and despite being in a great location just off I-74 the entry/exit is sort of hidden of a side street. For this price it was a great value. It was interesting that my last 2 stops in the Quad Cities that the Courtyard and Fairfield Inn in Bettendorf were much cheaper (as much as $20) than Quality Inn Sleep Inn Comfort Inn Country Inn and Courtyard in Davenport. Not sure if this is always the case or just during the off season. So I guess to all guests coming to the Quads check the prices in Bettendorf when staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent two nights at this property and overall had a very nice stay. Check in was a breeze. However when we got to the room it was on the interstate side. Based on Trip Advisor recommendations we had asked for a courtyard room as they were supposed to be quieter. Tammy at the front desk was very helpful and moved us immediately. Apparently the request made over the phone to reservation central did not make it to the hotel. She suggested calling the property directly as they do try to accommodate. Our room was very nice and decorated almost in an art deco styling. King size bed with night stands, sofa and table, a work area and dresser. Bathroom area had a small sink and counter area. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The lobby area with bar and sitting area was very inviting. The pool area also was well maintained but we didn't try it out as there were many kids in the area. Not acting badly or anything just simply being kids having a good time. This location is very central to shopping, theaters and dining. Not far from downtown either. On the down side it really was noisier than we expected. As we were in the hallway with the only pool entrance there was a lot of hallway noise and more surprisingly we had noise from the room above us and next to us. This is a large property so plan on a fair amount of walking. If traveling with kids or wanting to be near the pool get rooms in the 130-145 range near entrance 2. Otherwise, a quieter area might be near entrance 3 or the lobby. Would definitely consider again if traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms in the 130-140's are courtyard view. Odd numbers are facing the interstate...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#12 of 26 in Davenport
Days Inn & Suites Davenport East

Been to Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities? Share your experiences!