“Great Staff, Decent Rooms and Small Town”

Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bloomfield
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Was here for business. The rooms were great for what I needed/wanted when I came back after working each day. The bathrooms were the perfect size and the shower had decent pressure, there was perfect amount of light and the AC unit kept the room cool and fresh.

Breakfast in the morning was just right, not overwhelming but I was able to find something to grab each morning before taking off for the day. The staff was also curious about where we were going, where we had come from and were engaging each time.

If you're in Bloomfield, I would suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator, so be aware of that when you're choosing first or second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Cindy B, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our hotel. Getting to know our guests and learning what brings them to our community is what makes our job fun and interesting. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in our future!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have stayed in this hotel on multiple occasions. My daughter attends Truman State University and as we travel from Chicago area, we wanted a clean, hospitable, reasonable priced hotel when we had issues obtaining one in Kirksville, MO on a busy college weekend. We came across Cobblestone and now stay there on each visit to Truman State (even though its 45 minutes away). The beds are great, clean, nice complimentary breakfast. I would recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Cindy B, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to post your review. I'm glad you enjoy staying with us. Our staff works extra hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms so it's always good to hear that our guests notice. We enjoy our guests and try to make them feel at home. Speaking of Truman, this weekend is a busy weekend with proud Truman parents! We hope to see you!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

First of all I have a registered service dog. They tried to charge me a pet fee. I had to argue with them clearly stating she is a service dog as my rights are protected by the ADA (American Disability Act of 1990). Then after explaining what a service dog is they agreed not to charge me. I called while two hours away for room rates. They quoted me one and I repeated it back for confirmation. She didn't correct me so I kindly informed her I would be arriving. As I went to check in she then told me there was an error in my hearing and confirming the rate. It is now 13.00 higher. I left and went down the road to another hotel where she pointed me to. She then called and said I was correct and she could honor the rate after she told me with an attitude to proceed to another hotel. Won't attempt again. I stayed at the Southfork which had nice rooms but a banging restaurant. So all I can say is thank you for sending me to a place that understands the service industry.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Crush1986
Cindy B, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I would like to personally apologize for your experience and thank you for bringing to my attention the need for refresher training on service animals. The training is already taking place. I would also like to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the rate. I assure you the experience you had is not typical of our property and hope you will give us an opportunity to prove that In the future. Once again, thank you.
CindyB

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is very nice place to stay. They have comfortable beds, very friendly staff, it's a smoke free motel, they a nice breakfast with waffles, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy and more. They even have DVD players in the rooms. They don't have a pool but the kids still had fun. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Cindy B, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Amy, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Once again, thank you!

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We always stay here when visiting family. It is always clean and very well kept. There is not an elevator so make sure you ask for a first floor room. The breakfast is really good for a small hotel.

The layout of the front is weird there isn't a good front entrance it is on the side so it is weird to get your stuff in and out of the hotel

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Cindy B, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Linda thank you for the review and we are glad you enjoy your stays with us. Our staff takes great pride in the property and works very hard at keeping it clean. Thank you for noticing. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We spent just one night while traveling home from the Sally Mountain Park Bluegrass Festival. We will definitely be back when in the area; the Cobblestone Inn was very clean, with nice decor and still seemed brand new. The hot breakfast was very good with eggs, bacon and sausage links, biscuits with sausage gravy (yes the gravy really had sausage in it). The staff was friendly and the price reasonable, we could not have asked for more. The room even had a microwave and refrigerator. We were planning on getting up and heading home but found the area had many Amish shops so we visited some and just enjoyed the scenery of horse and buggy and farmers cutting hay the old fashioned way.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor (no elevator) and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Cindy B, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Bloomfield, IA area. We very much enjoy our guests and your feedback means a great deal to us. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Cindy B

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was working in Bloomfield and this hotel was recommended to me. It is only a couple years old and everything is in good shape. Extra outlets on the work table in the room for charging phones and laptops, etc. The room was clean and the bedding was nice.

Two complaints: The internet was only working intermittently. I talked to the front desk about that and hopefully they have it fixed by now. Second, the mattress on the bed had some kind of plastic liner under the sheets, which made a crinkling noise every time I moved. It was kind of annoying and not exactly comfortable, but I suppose it is more sanitary.

Breakfast was above average for this price range.

The price was very reasonable. Sometimes the small towns gouge you because you don't have many options, but this place was a great value. I am booking again for two nights this week.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Cindy B, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for the great review and feedback on our internet issues. We were having intermittent problems that have been addressed and we are pretty certain they are corrected. I hope you have a GREAT stay with us this week!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomfield
Hampton Inn Ottumwa
#3 of 7 in Ottumwa
Southfork Motel
Southfork Motel
#1 of 2 in Bloomfield

Been to Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield? Share your experiences!