“Real Italian Food by an Italian family” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining
Wichita
“Real Italian Food by an Italian family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Does not get any better than this family run restraunt in Burlington. The owner, Carlo and his staff, did a fantastic job. The food was out of this world great. I watched him cook our meal. Everything was made to order fresh. We had almost every dish family style. My favorite was the Veal Piccata. Try the bread knots for appetizers. Service was excellent. Wine choices were more than enough. Can't wait to go back...I live in Kansas though.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank ChristopherICT

Burlington, Iowa, United States
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went here for our one year anniversary. My wife and I both had the lasagna and it was fabulous. The portion was so large that neither of us were able to eat it all. Service was a bit on the slow side. We received our bread almost at the same time that we received our entree. Despite that, it was a great dining experience. I just wish that they had a bigger place so that the tables were a bit further apart.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Norman S
“Our favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I consider this our favorite spot to eat. No food is ever disappointing. The prices are good and portions are large. The thing we love most is the atmosphere. You must have reservations since the dining space is so small, but it makes the atmosphere nice. Always get the garlic knots!!!

Burlington, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

if you haven't ate here you need to!!! it is a small restaurant so reservations are recommended! The chicken alfreado is delicious.. and don't forget the garlic knots!!

Visited May 2014
“Large portions of typical everyday Italian Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

In a nutshell, the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't spectacular either, but you sure got a bunch of it. Most of the entrees come with salad / pene or spaghetti / and table bread - which happens to be garlic bread. I had Chicken Flourentina, which was two decent sized chicken breasts served on its own plate with my choice of pene and marinara in a separate bowl. The main dish was decent, but the butter wine sauce was a little on the flavorless size; I mean it had flavor, but just didn't pop. I'd have to say the same about the marinara on the pene; it was a nice thick sauce, but just didn't have that amazing authentic taste. The garlic table bread was pretty flavorful however. The restaurant was a little expensive (most entrees $14.95) but I guess they make up for it in portion size.

• Visited June 2014