“DONT DO IT” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Big Lake, Minnesota
“DONT DO IT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Terrible place, had two crew members try to stay here. Not worth losing the sleep over they need to remodel it and get rid of the neasty smoking/molding smell in the rooms and office. Parking lot was a mess and the carpet was torn up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that your crew did not enjoy their time with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with a clean, safe place to stay. All of our rooms are non- smoking and although the policy is stated and strict we do have some guests that violate that policy. However, when that happens we take every measure to ensure it does not continue and we clean the rooms appropriately. I apologize that you may have felt we did not address it. I would like to speak with you regarding this more in detail and would love to have you try our hotel again. Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The rooms we were given a wild dog should not have been place in. There was a pair of jeans hanging in the so called cleaned room and DEAD bugs on the floor. The rooms we were given were not what we were supposed to have. The manager did give us suitable rooms but offered NO discount for inconvience. Will NOT be staying with HOJo any time soon. Very displeased.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself during your stay. Our housekeeping staff usually does a great job of keeping our guests rooms clean for everyone to enjoy. I am sorry that we failed and did not meet your expectations. We do have our pest control company service the rooms monthly and have no report of issues. At the time of your concerns we upgraded you complimentary. I have contacted you directly with more information as well.

Thank you again for your comments and I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.
Saint Charles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

very noisy, kids were running wild and screaming. the room needed some work, the curtain rod was rusty, the beds were too soft, the bathroom was a joke, the water ran about as fast as a snail. The pool area was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for review! Unfortunately with our atrium open and all the activities for kids and families it is hard to control the noise of our guests. We do our best to monitor it and take care of any issues that arise when we get complaints. We take pride in providing our guests with an overall great guest experience and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I do appreciate your feedback and I hope that in the future you will consider staying with us again.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I travel a lot and I have stay in all price ranges. I know it was only $62 a night but come on. The carpet was so dirty that just walking from bathroom to front door made them black. I normally don't go into the pools or hot tub but the group wanted to. There were hair clumps in the hot tub as well as an awful smell. The temp in the pool really had to be super low because I has goose bumps the entire time. And the noise from the kids playing and all night and early morning was not comforting at all. I rate this place a 1 star... If that!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear about your negative experience when staying with us. We try very hard to provide outstanding service and strive on hotel cleanliness. I am sad to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff in hopes another guest will not be inconvenienced.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Catfish Bend Inn & Spa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
BEST WESTERN Mt. Pleasant Inn
BEST WESTERN Mt. Pleasant Inn
#1 of 5 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Howard Johnson Burlington? Share your experiences!