Howard Johnson Burlington
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for a wedding went into room found old qtip and pills on floor between beds mold on side of door and was choking on the chlorine from the pool all night bathroom was dirty had to kill two bugs two lights didnt work and both beds caved into middle the freezer in the fridge was completly frosted over all i can say is yuck never again i have pictures

• Stayed: November 2013
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with the cleanliness of the room. Our Housekeeping department takes pride in providing clean rooms for our guests to stay in. I am sad to hear that we did not meet your expectations. i hope that in the future you will give us another chance.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great area, clean rooms, and friendly front desk staff. We were happy with the room, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Reasonable pricing with all the amenities that you need. Reception was friendly and professional. We will come again. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to know you enjoyed yourselves and our staff exceeded your expectations while here. I have shared your comments with our team. We appreciate your visit and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Recently traveled to Burlington for a soccer tournament. The team booked a block of rooms here, so we kind of felt obligated to stay here. I had read the reviews prior to staying here and was very nervous, but I figured it was one night and it wouldn't be that bad. Well, I was wrong about that.

The exterior of the hotel/motel is very dated. There are rooms facing the exterior (like a motel) and there are rooms facing the interior (like a hotel). The interior reminds me of the old-style Holidomes that had the pool in the middle and the rooms surrounding. The pool is fairly large and includes a separate hot tub (however there is a sign stating no children allowed). There is a little putting green area and a tiki bar for the parents. With all the noise being generated in the pool area, I can only imagine how loud it was in the rooms facing the pool.

Luckily (or so we thought), our room was not directly facing the pool area. Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed the smell of smoke (despite it being a non-smoking room) and the tiny little spiders crawling on the beds. In addition, the HVAC vent looked like it had mold growing out of it, and the carpeting looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time (this observation was confirmed later on by how dirty the girls' socks were). The whole room just was "dirty" and in need of a major overhaul.

As for the front desk and housekeeping people we talked with, all were nice and friendly. I can only imagine the amount of complaints they get on a daily basis.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for posting a review. I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our hotel and your most recent stay with us. Our staff takes pride in providing our guests a great place to stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations while you were here. We do have a pest control service that checks our rooms on a regular basis so I am surprised to hear of the spiders on your bed. I would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly at 319-237-1397.
Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We traveled again with whole family in the end of August 2013. very reasonable pricing with all amenities. perfect for family specially with kids. Very kind and supportive staff. Always ready to give you the best service. Truly recommended.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay once again with us. As you know we take pride in helping our guests enjoy their time away from home and I am happy to hear we succeeded with you. I have shared your comments with the rest of our staff.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and you as a guest. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Not bad, but you can probably priceline a room at a better hotel for less money. Interesting setup, good for groups, but needs updating. Several in our group mentioned a smoke smell in their rooms, and several others mentioned spiders in theirs.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Karen S, Manager at Howard Johnson Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sad to hear about the dissatisfaction your group had while staying with us. We strive to offer the best service and accommodations to our guests and I am sorry we failed this time. Our rates are based upon availability and events happening in town so they change often. I would like to hear more about your group and their group and their room accommodations. Please feel free to contact me directly at 319-237-1397 to discuss this.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The price is just right. If you want an ultra-comfy room to get a good nights sleep in, this IS the hotel for you!! If we could give this hotel 10 stars, we definitely would. We stayed indoors upstairs in a 2 queen-bedroom. The water pressure was superb! Every room comes with a microwave & a tall refrigerator. The bed was so comfy w/the perfect coverlet. The air conditioner was high up on one wall, making it so convenient by not blowing the drapes open. Outside our room was a cute patio set along the balcony. The pool area was HUGE and all enclosed!! Toddlers had their very own shallow pool. Everything was A++++. The complimentary breakfast was well worth our stay offering a large array of foods, fruit, pastries, etc. Choosing an inside room is a safer choice, because the electronic doors to the outside automatically shut.

Room Tip: any room that is inside is your best bet because each has its own patio set, is enclosed, and secure...