“Watch your belongings. Listen for lies.”

AmericInn West Burlington
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Davenport, Iowa
“Watch your belongings. Listen for lies.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

on an extended stay at this americinn I endured lots of change stolen. Nasty pool and hot tub. Big spiders. Long waits when trying to check in. I always prepay for specific rooms and more than six times they sold my room to other customers without notice. When I would try to get answers there were so many lies. One associate at the desk told me the owner reka would sell my rooms at a higher rate to accommodate herself for the money. When I started staying I was given fair rate for prepaying. It was raised. The manager tried to start charging ten more dollars for a fridge. Noise on most week nights was horrible. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh the night girl is so strung out on dope she can hardly comprehend a conversation. Twice during my two month stay there were vehicles damaged and burglarized. Definitely not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family and I were terribly disappointed with our stay at Americinn Motel West Burlington, IA. We booked a two-room queen suite and arrived to find these problems:

- Television would not change channels
- Large brown stain in the middle of the pull-out mattress
- Pillow, sheets, and blanket for pull-out matress appeared to be used and just piled back into the cabinet
- Smoke detector missing with wires sticking out of the wall where it used to be
- Extremely dim lighting and flickering florescent light above bathroom vanity
- Spiders around air conditioning unit
- Very weak WIFI

I went to the front desk and complained about some of the above problems and suggested they give me a new room which they eventually did. The second room we were given had these problems:

- No pillow, sheets, or blanket for the pull out mattress
- Smoke dectector missing with wires sticking out of the wall where is used to be
- Only two full bath towels for 4 people
- Extremely dim lighting with one fixture missing its light bulb.
- No clock radio
- Dead bugs in the light fixtures
- Womens underwear and garbage behind bedside table

Finally, the breakfast was not very good. The biscuits for the biscuits and gravy were hard as a rock, the doughnuts were WET, and the waffle batter was too watery to make a decent waffle.

In short, this was a most unpleasant stay. Management is to blame here. There is no excuse for neglecting basic maintenance and housekeeping.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Letts, Iowa
Reviewed 4 March 2013

very clean nice rooms comfortable helpful polite staff and great rates!! breakfast was fresh and not stale. the cozy decor made us feel welcome. I would recommend this place to anyone and will stay there again!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Normally we stay at a pricier dog-friendly hotel when visiting Burlington (Comfort Inn and Suites). However, that property was booked and I was ready to try someplace different. Americinn was a very good value for what we got. The main difference between the two properties, besides the rooom rates, is that the Americinn is more dated looking.

The staff was friendly and quick- and we didn't get charged a dog fee. But even with the dog fee, this hotel would have still been a good value. The property has a lot of amenities (a larger indoor pool, pleasant lobby/common area, free breakfast buffet). The were some rough edges (buffet selection was skimpy, hard water), but we're low maintenance travelers.

The location is right next to a mall, so there's a few restauarnts and shoppping within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BigTool
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed at the AmericInn of West Burlington, IA a few weeks ago. Staff was very friendly and room was very exceptional. Breakfast was great, and the on site laundry was very convenient. Overall great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed 2 January 2013

To begin, I generally disregard all of the highest and lowest ratings when reading reviews. I urge you NOT to disregard the negative reviews about this location. We did, and we regret it.

We had been staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Burlington for the week of Christmas (which was wonderful). We checked out but then found out our flights home had been cancelled. We decided to try something less expensive and closer to our family, so we booked two nights at this AmericInn.

Eventhough there were several poor reviews regarding cleanliness, we decided to give it a try. Upon arrival at the hotel, the lobby and front desk service were both very nice. Once we started walking to our rooms, everything changed.

There were stains on the carpet throughout the hallway. The smell of chlorine, even on the second floor, was overwhelming. Things got worse once we opened the doors to our rooms (we had two rooms, both doubles). In the first room, the beds had mismatched bedding. It made us wonder whether both beds had been cleaned recently, or just one. Next, we found small hairs on the phone, leaves and other debris on the rugs, and water around the toilet in the bathroom. The dark colored walls, cheap furniture, and rock hard beds didn't help the ambiance at all. The second room was in a little better condition, but we decided we were not going to stay. We were there for no more than 5 minutes when we called downstairs and told them we wanted to leave.

We checked out at the front desk and were told that we should call Expedia to process a refund. We called Expedia the next day. This is when the real fun began. Expedia called the hotel and spoke to the assistant manager, Trinity. The Expedia agent was told that we would be refunded the second night for both rooms, but not the first because we were there for over 30 minutes. When we told them we were there for 5, they suggested we call the hotel and speak to Trinity.

My husband called and told Trinity that we were only there 5 minutes, not 30, but she still said they would not be giving us a refund for the first night. My husband then offered to split the first night with her. If they would refund one room, we would eat the cost of the other. She refused. She then offered us a credit to stay at the hotel at a later date. When we explained that we would never go back due to lack of cleanliness, she said that she had checked the rooms the day after we checked out and found nothing wrong with them. After arguing for a while, my husband let her know that we would be leaving negative reviews about our experience and ended the call.

We called Expedia back to at least get the second night refund we had been approved for. The Expedia agent we spoke with originally wasn't available, but had noted on the account that we would be receiving a refund. The new agent said she needed to call the hotel to confirm. After she called and spoke to Trinity, she told us that Trinity changed her story and said there must have been some miscommunication and she would NOT be crediting us anything! Expedia eventually took care of everything and credited us, but AmericInn LIED and did nothing for us!

It was bad enough that we arrived at this disgusting, filthy hotel late at night with our three children and had to then travel to another hotel. It was absolutely obnoxious that Trinity refused to work with us on refunding both nights. On top of that, she LIED to Expedia after her conversation with my husband.

I have stayed in other AmericInns and never had an issue. This location should be avoided at all costs. They are not up to par with other AmericInn locations in cleanliness or service!

Room Tip: Don't stay here