“Hotel in need of attention” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn West Burlington

AmericInn West Burlington
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Hotel in need of attention”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Upon arrival the first thing that caught my attention was the parking lot and surrounding grounds. There was a lot of loose trash everywhere. Granted it has been winter here and the snow recently melted but by the end of March the grounds should have been picked up and the property made more presentable. Be aware that upon check-in you must give them a $20 "incidental" deposit via either cash, debit, or credit card. Upon check-out we were told it could take up to ten days for it be taken off a debit or credit card. The living space in the room seemed to have been upgraded but the bathrooms were not as modern. Our party booked three rooms for the night and at 3:00 am one of the rooms experienced the cover for the bathroom light crashing to the floor. When I got up Sunday morning I went to make coffee but found that the maid service hadn't cleaned out the coffee maker from the last time the room had been used. When I mentioned this at checkout the clerk blew it off and told me to come to trip advisor instead of handling it-house. A sign in the lobby specifically states "no parties" in the guest rooms so obviously this has been an issue in the past. At check-out the printer cartridge was out of toner and the desk clerk didn't have access to the room where the new cartridges were kept ("we're not allowed in there she said"). I would recommend that (if possible) book another hotel in the Burlington area and skip this property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gmwestburlington, General Manager at AmericInn West Burlington, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your feeback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are truly sorry for all the inconveniences you had during your stay. It is only through the eyes of our guests that we know what needs to be fixed. We take time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continuously improve our services. Thank you for using tripadvisor and hope you have a great day.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The room had ants in it, they made the bed with stained up sheets and pillow cases and for this type of service the room rates are ridiculous. I would not recommend this hotel. Its just not worth it for the price

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

gmwestburlington, Manager at AmericInn West Burlington, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We are truly sorry for any inconveniences you have had during your stay. It is only through the eyes of our guests that we know what needs to be fixed. These issues we sometimes don't see until a guest brings them to our attention. Thank you for using tripadvisor and hope you have a great day.
Biggsville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

His hotel is very overpriced for the condition it is in. The room looked dirty and the bed looked as though it had been sat or layer on. The beds were very sunken in and not comfortable. The staff acted as if you needed anything that it was a problem to do it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

gmwestburlington, Manager at AmericInn West Burlington, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Kahoka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The king suite and the regular rooms we got were beautiful and the staff was just amazing! The pool was super clean and the breakfast was good. Definitely a place we hope to come back to each year for our family vacation at Christmas

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

gmwestburlington, Manager at AmericInn West Burlington, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review. Our staff takes pride in offering great guest service and I am happy to hear that our staff met your expectations. Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, hope to see you again real soon.

AmericInn of West Burlington, Iowa
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Note that I stay at americinn hotels regularly. It took 15+ min to check in, clerk did not know how to run the computer. I got to my room and immediately noticed crumbs and lint on the floor. I used the restroom to find pubic hairs on both sides of the toilet. It was late in the evening (otherwise I would have left at this point) and I was so grossed out. I went to get in bed and slammed my shin on part of the steel bed frame that was sticking out about 4 inches from the base, when I lifted the bed skirt to see what I hit it revealed candy wrappers and pennies scattered along the bed base along with other debris. I woke the next morning to use my laptop to do some business only to find I only had 1 bar of signal from the wireless service in the hotel. That time will be the last time I ever step foot in the place again.

Room Tip: Don't go anywhere near this place.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gmwestburlington, Manager at AmericInn West Burlington, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing the best services and making sure that our guests are comfortable with their stay. I have brought these issues to my staff members attention to ensure that we do not have these problems occur again in the future.

Regards,

Management
AmericInn of West Burlington, IA.
Mediapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff were very friendly and upbeat. The person (I wish I could remember her name!) behind the desk went the extra mile to make an enjoyable stay for my kids in the swimming pool. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family