“Spacious hotel room for the price”

Comfort Suites Burlington
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Tucson, Arizona
“Spacious hotel room for the price”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We had 3 adults and 1 child on this stay at Comfort Suites in Burlington. The hotel was easy to find, right off Roosevelt, on the south end of town, many restaurants near by. Peaches, the in house restaurant was good. The comp breakfast was good, usual spread of dry cereal, juice, different coffees, couple of pastries, toast, waffle maker, scrambled eggs (usually w/ meat) and sausage links or patties, sometimes potatoes. Most days the breakfast staff were nice, but there was one girl we had twice that obviously didn't want to be there. Breakfast was on from 6am - 9am.

The room was a spacious as a studio apartment with 2 queen beds, plus a pull out sofa bed. All were very nice and clean. The fridge was good sized and clean. The microwave was clean also. Housekeeping did a fair job during our stay. The pool area was pretty clean, and water was nice and warm.

We checked in on a Monday and out on a Saturday. On Friday night, several soccer teams checked into the hotel late. They were quite noisy. We asked them to be quiet twice as did the hotel staff. When I went to the front desk to complain, they called their coaches and then they got quiet. Nothing to do with the hotel, but still was part of our experience. We decided to skip the morning breakfast as we didn't want to deal with all the teens.

The wi-fi was easy to connect and fairly quick

Room Tip: Third floor was nice as no noisy people above
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lina E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
hampton, il
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Stayed at the Comfort Suites on Saturday night. Room VERY Clean/Neat. WiFi was free which was a huge bonus. We went to Burlington to go to Fun City and they were booked for the nights we wanted. This Hotel was about 2 mi. away from Fun City Pzaaz property, but very easy to get to. VERY IMPRESSED with free breakfast! They had wonderful biscuits and gravy.. yummy scrambled eggs ( which were not runny like a previous review mentioned) and cereals . I thought the staff was all very nice. Pool was great, and hot tub nice too! Resturant attached has excellent food... wonderful steakhouse. The only downfall I can say was the T.V. placement! Kind of hard to see from both beds and beds a bit uncomfortable, but.. I am spoiled at home. I would return for sure! Oh, one more thing.. you will find a microwave and small fridge! Big bonus!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Clean room! I check the sheets at every hotel and this one actually had clean sheets- which is rare if you check hotel sheets. The restaurant had a late night bar that kept us up a bit with ppl coming and going-so our Sat night stay was not the quietest. The restaurant was a steakhouse so health conscious and vegetarian folks like me have no options there. Try Moto's downtown for great pizza also.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We enjoyed our stay and have no complaints about our room, the service or the hotel's facilities. Check in and check out were quick. We were put in a handicap room, so I suspect that our room's size (very large) wasn't representative of a typical room. But our room had all new furnishings and amenities (i.e., flat screen TV, mini-frig, microwave, cofee maker, hair dryer, etc.) The bed was really comfortable also.

I do have one complaint. The "free" breakfast buffet was so bad we skipped it and went to the nearby Perkins. The buffet layout wasn't well-thoughout. Just a few people waiting to make waffles backed up the servicing line. Staff was slow replenishing empty dishes and the variety of items wasn't all that great to start with.

The hotel is close to the local casino, the minor-league baseball stadium, shopping malls and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 19 January 2011

My spouse and I stayed at this property for almost a week. We didn't make reservations but received a decent rate anyway. Some reasons why we chose this particular hotel was because 1) they accepted pets, 2) they have a no smoking inside policy 3) we'd eaten at the attached restaurant on previous trips and found the employees to be friendly, the food had been good, the dining room pleasant and clean, and 4) it would be convenient having a restaurant on site.

Our room had a king-size bed, clothing/coat closet, an entertainment center housing a television on a swivel base (handy for pointing the tv towards one side of the wall - bedside or sofa side - or centered for viewing by both sides). The room also had lots of lighting, a microwave, refrigerator, desk, and a plug to hook in for internet connection.

What we liked about the room: The size of the room, the cleanliness, the comfortable bed, sheets and cover; the amenities, the shower wall had high shelves to place the bar of soap, shampoo, and conditioner on, the pleasant view from the window of a field, walkway, and back wall of the pool house.

What we didn't like about the room: Nothing.

We did have one minor inconvenience, and it could have just been us or the weather that caused it, but we found ourselves needing to adjust the room's thermostat a few times throughout the stay.

The hotel has really nice features. For one, it has a great-looking pool and hot tub that I really wish we could have used, but I hadn't thought to pack swimsuits. Another is the pretty lobby with fireplace and sitting area. The fitness room was clean and inviting with a television. The grounds with its pathways and quiet country surroundings. There is a terrific coffee/tea station and a vending machine next to the front desk and on the second floor a nice vending and ice machine area. Nice area to walk the dog. And the already mentioned restaurant.

Even though the hotel is kind of off on its own, it's on and close to major streets so it doesn't take long to get to businesses and attractions.

I frequently noticed the employees cleaning and maintaining the property.
The employees were super friendly and very helpful.

My husband liked the complimentary breakfast more than I did. I'm surprised I didn't like it as much since I liked the meals I'd had at their restaurant before, and loved the 3 times we ate in the restaurant for lunch or dinner during this stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 29 December 2010

This is a realtively new property and everything in it was like new and very clean. The desk clerk was very pleasant at check in. The bed was very comfortable, on par with my Tempurpedic at home. The free full breakfast included a buffet with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as waffles and typical continental breakfast sundries. The room had hard wire internet. I'm not sure if wireless was also available. I had tried to get a B & B but none were available in town. I'm very happy with how it turned out. It cost less than a moderate B & B and was much nicer.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Scott A.F.B. IL
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This hotel was new last yr. 2009. My husband & I stayed there for 2 nights this time last yr. & had a good experience. We decided to stay again this yr. & was pretty disappointed with a few things. For a new hotel it is already showing signs of aging. The toilet was loose & rattled every time you sit on it. The sink stopper didn't work, so water would clog in the sink & the bathtub looked old. The maid didn't leave any coffee for the 2nd morning, sounded like a heard of elephants late at night & early morning above us. They allow animals & apparently don't have a size limit. We saw 2 big dogs, getting out of the elevator on the 2nd floor. Was glad they weren't above us, noise was bad enough without the dogs! We have stayed at a lot of hotels & really don't ask for much, but when you add these things together for a new hotel, gets pretty discouraging! We solve the problem of noise, by taking a fan with us every time we travel to drown out the noise. This is a problem we expect at all hotels! So I will not base my rating on that.
Breakfast both days was nothing to write home about! One of the worst I have seen in awhile! Runny scrambled eggs, warm milk, waffle maker had stuck on waffle so bad it was unusable, both days! The second day was even worse, runnier eggs with yesterdays leftover sausage cut up into them. Really disappointed in the whole situation. I really don't like writing these kind of reviews, but it's too truthful not to mention! Needless to say we will be looking for another hotel in that area next time we stay there!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CJmitch17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Catfish Bend Inn & Spa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Fort Madison

Been to Comfort Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!