“Need to come back for a Girls Weekend (SPA SIDE)!”

Catfish Bend Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Kansas City, Missouri
“Need to come back for a Girls Weekend (SPA SIDE)!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've only been here for business, staying one night each time. The rooms are lovely and spacious. And, the bathrooms ... wow! Large, divided, classy!

I am looking forward to an Amtrak ride to Ft. Madison and then a few nights stay at the Spa - as a getaway.

The Reception staff (Cass) is friendly and remembered my initial visit (3 months ago!). I felt welcomed and "at home".

Due to impending bad weather, she pointed out the storm shelter.

Thanks Folks! Looking forward to a return visit - for fun!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! Hope to see you again soon! Cass' Manager is already aware of the nice things you had to say about her. Its definitely appreciated!

Justin Swigart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have stayed at the Pzazz before and enjoyed our stay. The indoor water park has been recently remodeled which I thought was nice at first. The water park size has been cut in half to make room for a indoor play ground which cost an additional fee. It was clean but very compact and the water was freezing. Our room was clean but the double bunk beds were so close together it only made for Evil Kanevil like jumps from one bed to the other. After we put the kids to bed we tried to go to the casino. Only to be rejected at the door. When I asked why the security guard stated we showed signs of intoxication. And told us we may not enter. After that we walked back to the the restaurant and had dinner. There we met another couple who had been denied enter as well. Later, we asked our waiter what was the deal? He told us they have a camera on the hallway you go through to get to the casino. Looking back when we were walking thru the hallway I stopped my wife and told her to look at her reflection and told her how beautiful she was. At that point we kissed. I guess kissing your wife now a days must be signs of intoxication. Very rarely do we ever get to take a vacation. We were looking forward to it only to live up to half of our expectations. Other than the casino employees the staff was good and helpful. Room clean but small and unsafe. Indoor water park smaller, cleaner but higher cost. Overall we will not be back again due to the way we were treated at the casino. For the money we will travel a little further to the Dells, Key Lime Cove or the

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jmott23
Dear Guest,

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not have a very good experience in our facility!

First, regarding your bunk bed room, I wouldn't advise allowing your children to jump on the beds, or from one bed to another. We don't want anyone to get hurt.

I'm not sure what you mean by unsafe when it comes to your bunk bed room. If the amount of beds vs square footage was a concern to you, I can guarantee the room setup was approved by one of our state Fire Marshals. Our number one priority is you, the guest. Please, next time, inform us if you have an issue. We would love to help and provide you with outstanding customer service!

I'm very sorry you were rejected at the casino door. I will tell you that security, bar staff, and management are diligently trained to spot signs of intoxication because it is actually illegal to game while over a certain level of intoxication. I can also assure you that our surveillance cameras are not used for that purpose, nor does our security staff even have access to them. I'm very sorry to say the waiter that gave you that information was incorrect.

If you have any other questions or concerns, your more than welcome to call our facility and ask for me directly! Thank you so much, and I hope you change your mind and come back to visit!

866.792.9948
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This is the Adults only hotel at Catfish Bend and it was great not hearing all the kids from the water park running the halls. I was there for a state bowling meet and at the end of the day it was a great room to relax and get som rest in. Very up to date and nice. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate kids, I just hate not being able to rest because their parents think a hotel hallway is daycare so they can drink. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Burlington, Iowa

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank kparkins22
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon!!

Justin
West Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 2 March 2014

First off our furnace made loud noises all night, maintenance was notified and problem was not rectified--second the work out facility was ridiculous--staff shared office in the same room and they were rude by watching and switching channels on TV. Neighbors were loud on second floor all night. Was not impressed with the Staff they did not try to make you feel comfortable or try to make it right with us as customers. When problems were addressed all they said was I will notify the Manager. THATS IT!!

Room Tip: select a room that the furnace does not make sounds all night. I do not recommend working out in the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian J
PzazzEntertainment, Public Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
I'm so very sorry you didn't enjoy your visit! The staff is part of a program that promotes healthier living and part of that program involves working out in the fitness center while they were off the clock. However, they know that our guest's needs come before their own so I apologize that they were rude. I will tell you that all of your issues have been shared with our management staff and they are working diligently to correct them. Hope you see you again soon!
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights on business. I purposely stayed here due to the ability eat in the restaurants versus needing to venture out. The forecasted snow storm hit and it was great to get back to the hotel, park in the garage, and not go out again. The room was quite comfortable, clean, and quiet. I ate in the sports bar both nights and had excellent service and meals. Breakfast is in the buffet area and was average at best. I looked at it for dinner and decided on the sports bar. I am not a gambler; therefore, I did not go into the casino. I received drink coupons; however, they were only good in the casino. I used the wireless internet throughout the complex without problems. I did walk through the property and found another area that was kid friendly with food and game areas designed for kids. A lot going on at this Inn. I might partake in a Spa experience with the next visit to check it out. Prices seemed reasonable.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the Catfish Bend Inn and Spa and you have to be 21-years or older to stay here ve...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank QuietmanTravels
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! Catfish Bend Inn & Spa is indeed a favorite among our corporate guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again soon!

il
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here for a wedding, Dec. 27-29. We were very impressed with our room accommodations at Catfish Bend Inn. We had a King size room and a king size bathroom that was beautiful. From the staff to the casino, it couldn't have been better. The wedding was beautiful along with a very tasty dinner. We were given tickets for free drinks and free breakfast for both days at check-in. Very good restaurants and breakfast was hot buffet style. Enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: If you are traveling without children, make sure you stay at the Catfish Bend side of the resort.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vasnos
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Hope to see you again very soon!

Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel is exceptionally clean, and the staff very friendly. They do a great job of keeping people from the casino and convention hall from wandering around the hotel. I felt very safe there. The rooms are very modern, and oh so quiet and dark! The casino was smallish, and the casino buffet could be much better. I did not get a chance to visit the spa, but it looked very nice as too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Allman2
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you back again very soon!!

Justin Swigart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Howard Johnson Burlington
Quality Inn
#5 of 11 in Burlington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
Boulders Inn & Suites Fort Madison

Been to Catfish Bend Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!